Bernoulli Equation and Newton Law

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving the calculation of power needed to lift an object with weight W. The object will be placed in a 10 inches diameter tube and a motor will be used to give pressure to the object. The conversation also mentions the use of the equation F = P/A and coefficient of drag. The second part of the conversation discusses the calculation of drag force on a model and the use of Bernoulli Equation. The conversation ends with a suggestion to research Rotameters as a starting point for solving the problem.
Donny
Hello friends,

I have a problem in Bernoulli equation and Newton Law. I'm going to calculate how much power is needed to lift up an object with weight W.

I'm planning to put the object in a 10 inches diameter. How can I calculate the power needed by the motor to lift up the object? Does the object has friction in it (the object will float)?

The motor will be placed at the bottom of the tube and will give pressure to the object.

I know that there is also an equation like: F= [tex]\frac{P}{A}[/tex]. but how to implement it? I have my assumption for this one that will happen with the object (Attached). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any help means a lot.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• physics.jpg
    physics.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 492
Engineering news on Phys.org
That's a pretty difficult question, because it depends a lot on the geometry of the object - that's where coefficient of drag comes from.

Hello Sir!

Thank you for your reply.

I have changed the design, right now I want to calculate drag force on this model (attached).
There are two questions there. The first one could you give me a hint of how to solve the force of the slope area, and the second one is the drag force of the ball ( I don't use a aerodynamic law in here), you can assume the condition to help you give me a hint to solve this problem.

What is the requirements to calculate them? Does Bernoulli Equation is still be used in here?

Thank you.

Attachments

• physics2.jpg
    physics2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 463
Try to Google Rotameters (a device which used to measure flow rate). Their working principle is based on equilibrium between gravity forces and the forces from the flow, similar to your model.
check this link for start:
http://www.sensorsmag.com/sensors/Flow+Sensing/The-Basics-of-Rotameters/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/360731

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Bernoulli Equation and Newton Law

1. What is the Bernoulli Equation?

The Bernoulli Equation is a fundamental equation in fluid dynamics that describes the relationship between fluid pressure, velocity, and potential energy. It states that as the velocity of a fluid increases, its pressure decreases and vice versa. This equation is based on the conservation of energy principle.

2. How is the Bernoulli Equation derived?

The Bernoulli Equation is derived from the combination of the laws of conservation of mass, momentum, and energy. It is a simplified form of the Navier-Stokes equations, which describe the motion of fluids.

3. What is the significance of the Bernoulli Equation?

The Bernoulli Equation is essential in understanding the behavior of fluids in motion. It is used in various engineering applications, such as in designing aircraft wings, calculating water flow in pipes, and determining the lift force of an airplane. It also helps in predicting the behavior of fluids in different situations.

4. What is Newton's Law of Motion?

Newton's Law of Motion is a fundamental principle in physics that describes the relationship between an object's motion and the forces acting on it. It states that an object will remain at rest or continue to move at a constant velocity unless acted upon by an external force.

5. How does Newton's Law of Motion relate to the Bernoulli Equation?

The Bernoulli Equation is based on the laws of conservation of mass, momentum, and energy, which are all derived from Newton's Law of Motion. The Bernoulli Equation specifically relates to the conservation of energy, which is one of the three laws of motion described by Newton. Therefore, the Bernoulli Equation is an application of Newton's Law of Motion in fluid dynamics.