Best place to find bulk old mixed up electronics components

In summary, the speaker is looking for sources of mixed up old electrical components, specifically a grab bag to fill up their lab. They are asking for recommendations beyond eBay.
jeff davis
TL;DR Summary
i'm looking for a good source for bulk old electronics components. Like the equivalent to somebody's junk drawer for components. Like old wound resistors and caps and that sort of thing?
Hello,
Anybody have any good sources of mixed up old electrical components? For example: an old drawer full of mixed up resistors and capacitors; wax caps and jumbled up stuff?

I have a HUGE jar that I am trying to fill up with this type of thing for my lab and was just wondering if anybody knew of some sites that sell in this way or something similar? Other than ebay of course.

thanks,

jeff

Engineering news on Phys.org
I think the key search term you are looking for is "Grab Bag".

Here is a Google search on electronics grab bag -- lots of choices :smile:

https://www.google.com/search?q=electronics+grab+bag&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
1572895928832.png

• Informative
Likes jeff davis
Boom... Grab bag. That's the term i was after. Thanks!

Likes davenn and berkeman

1. What are bulk old mixed up electronics components?

Bulk old mixed up electronics components refer to a large quantity of electronic parts that have been previously used or are no longer in their original packaging. These components may include resistors, capacitors, transistors, and other electronic parts.

2. Where is the best place to find bulk old mixed up electronics components?

The best place to find bulk old mixed up electronics components is at electronic surplus stores or online marketplaces that specialize in selling used or surplus electronic parts. You can also find them at electronic recycling centers or through online forums or communities for electronics enthusiasts.

3. Are bulk old mixed up electronics components reliable?

The reliability of bulk old mixed up electronics components depends on their condition and the source from which they were obtained. It is important to thoroughly test and inspect the components before use to ensure they are in good working condition. Additionally, purchasing from reputable sources can increase the likelihood of obtaining reliable components.

4. Can bulk old mixed up electronics components be used in modern electronic projects?

Yes, bulk old mixed up electronics components can be used in modern electronic projects. Many of these components are still functional and can be used in place of new components, which can save money and reduce electronic waste. However, it is important to check the compatibility and specifications of the components before use.

5. How can I properly store bulk old mixed up electronics components?

Bulk old mixed up electronics components should be stored in a cool, dry place to prevent damage from moisture or humidity. It is also recommended to store them in anti-static bags or containers to prevent electrostatic discharge. Labeling and organizing the components can also help with easy identification and retrieval when needed.