Best way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy

In summary: The thickness of the target can also be variable.It will depend on the power and the frequency of the electrical output.In summary, The best way to transform mechanical energy into electrical energy is by using a Piezo Film with a full wave rectifier. It has been a while since I looked at Piezoelectric Films, but they may be a good option for this project.
fastbookmark
What is the best and most practical way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy.I am not quite familiar to physics so I' ll try to explain what I want outsider way.
When I say"particular mechanical energy" I mean the energy consisting of many low power hits.One hit make pressure(P) about 0.01 N/m2.When I say many hits I mean 10 - 100 at one time and again and again...
What quantum of energy can I expect to get in some period of time?
What is recommended ground for getting hits(to be hit) that loosing of energy be the least?
I am sincerely hope that you will understand what I am asking for.
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
fastbookmark said:
What is the best and most practical way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy.I am not quite familiar to physics so I' ll try to explain what I want outsider way.
When I say"particular mechanical energy" I mean the energy consisting of many low power hits.One hit make pressure(P) about 0.01 N/m2.When I say many hits I mean 10 - 100 at one time and again and again...
What quantum of energy can I expect to get in some period of time?
What is recommended ground for getting hits(to be hit) that loosing of energy be the least?
I am sincerely hope that you will understand what I am asking for.
Thank you!

Welcome to the PF. How large is the target area? How thick will the target be?

One possibility is a Piezo Film with a full wave rectifier for the output. It's been a while since I looked at Piezoelectric Films, though.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=piezoelectric+film&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

Last edited:
Thank you for welcoming.
The target area could be variable.I can change it from 1cm2 to 100cm2(or more)The shape of an area also may be variable.I can't explain everything in details before I finish the experiment the right way.I am looking for the best way to go.

Related to Best way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy

1. How does a generator convert mechanical energy into electrical energy?

A generator uses the principle of electromagnetic induction to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. This is done by spinning a coil of wire inside a magnetic field, which creates an electric current in the wire.

2. What are the different types of generators used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy?

The most commonly used types of generators are electromagnetic generators, which use a spinning coil of wire and a magnet, and electrostatic generators, which use the principle of moving charged particles to create an electric current.

3. How can the efficiency of converting mechanical energy into electrical energy be improved?

The efficiency of a generator can be improved by using high-quality materials, reducing friction between moving parts, and optimizing the design of the generator to minimize energy losses.

4. What are some practical applications of converting mechanical energy into electrical energy?

Generators are used in a wide range of applications, including power plants, wind turbines, hydroelectric dams, and portable generators for emergency power. They are also used in everyday devices such as cars, lawnmowers, and bicycles.

5. Can a generator also convert electrical energy into mechanical energy?

Yes, a generator can also work in reverse and convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. This is often seen in electric motors, which use the same principles of electromagnetic induction to convert electrical energy into rotational motion.