Book about irrational inequalities and other....

In summary: However, most calculus textbooks should have a section on inequalities, including irrational and trigonometric inequalities, as they are important concepts in calculus. You can also find many general inequalities on Wikipedia.
jedimath
Good evening, I have consulted several precalculus books, intermediate algebra but none of these lists irrational inequalities, trigonometric inequalities and more. In which book I can find them? Thank you :)

Physics news on Phys.org
What are irrational inequalities and which kind of book are you looking for? I haven't heard of trigonometric inequalities, except the triangle inequality and of course occasionally some in specific situations. You can find a lot of general inequalities on Wikipedia, but I still don't know what you mean.

Possibly identities - like trig identities?

Hi, here an example:

$$\sqrt{x+1} + \sqrt{x + 6} > \sqrt{7x + 4}$$

and

$$\frac{4 senx^2 - 1}{2 cosx} >= 0$$

and so on. Yet...inequalites with absolute value.

Thanks.

jedimath said:
Hi, here an example:

and

Thanks.

I think these inequalities all follow from elementary calculus. Many problems in calculus books are devoted to proving such inequalities. E.g. Spivak' calculus contains much problems like these.

jedimath said:
Hi, here an example:

and

Thanks.
Many or most precalculus textbooks have problems similar to these, although they would probably be dealing with equations rather than inequalities. The main difference between equations and inequalities is that with inequalities, if you multiply both sides by an expression, the direction of the inequality changes if the expression you're multiplying by is negative.

I don't believe that there would be a textbook that deals solely with the inequalities you're asking about.

1. What is the purpose of a book about irrational inequalities?

A book about irrational inequalities serves as a resource for understanding and solving mathematical equations involving irrational numbers. It provides techniques and strategies for simplifying and manipulating these types of equations.

2. Who would benefit from reading a book about irrational inequalities?

This book would benefit anyone who is studying or working in the fields of mathematics, physics, engineering, or any other discipline that involves complex mathematical equations. It can also be useful for students preparing for standardized tests such as the SAT or GRE.

3. What are some common topics covered in a book about irrational inequalities?

Some common topics covered in a book about irrational inequalities include simplifying and rationalizing irrational expressions, solving equations with irrational solutions, and applying irrational inequalities in real-life situations.

4. Are there any prerequisites for reading a book about irrational inequalities?

While a basic understanding of algebra and geometry is helpful, most books about irrational inequalities are written in a way that is accessible to readers with varying levels of mathematical background. Some books may also include a review of necessary concepts at the beginning.

5. Can a book about irrational inequalities be used as a reference guide?

Yes, a book about irrational inequalities can serve as a useful reference guide for students and professionals in the mathematical and scientific fields. It can be used to refresh one's memory on certain concepts or to find specific strategies for solving particular types of equations.