BoringFans Are There Other Competing Theories for the Big Bang?

• Thread starter Chiefly
  • Start date
In summary, there are several competing theories for the Big Bang, including the Steady State Theory, the Oscillating Universe Theory, and the Inflationary Theory. The Steady State Theory suggests that the universe has always existed and is continuously expanding, while the Oscillating Universe Theory proposes that the universe goes through cycles of expansion and contraction. The Inflationary Theory suggests that the universe underwent a rapid period of expansion in its early stages. These competing theories provide different explanations for the creation and evolution of the universe and continue to be studied and debated by scientists.
Chiefly
How did you find PF?
used to be a member but forgot my details
Hello all
Glad be here and now I have retired it is a favourite place to browse. Many years ago I was involved in nuclear industry and worked on the nuclear submarine reactors hence my interest in physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Chiefly said:
How did you find PF?: used to be a member but forgot my details

Hello all
Glad be here and now I have retired it is a favourite place to browse. Many years ago I was involved in nuclear industry and worked on the nuclear submarine reactors hence my interest in physics.
Welcome to PF. :smile:

PF is a great place to learn about mainstream science. It is not a place to toss out personal theories and ask "what about this?". You will learn lots of great stuff here reading existing threads, and asking questions that start with links to mainstream articles that you've been reading.

Enjoy PF! :smile:

Hello berkeman
I made post that was deleted and called personal speculation. Maybe I should have asked if the start of the universe could have been a collapsed previous universe. That is not speculation but a question.
May I re write my post in a better form as i am still interested in peoples reply.
Thanks
Chiefly

Chiefly said:
Hello berkeman
I made post that was deleted and called personal speculation. Maybe I should have asked if the start of the universe could have been a collapsed previous universe. That is not speculation but a question.
May I re write my post in a better form as i am still interested in peoples reply.
Thanks
Chiefly
There's a difference between personal speculation and asking questions about the published literature. Send me a Private Message (PM) and I'll help you format a good thread start (click on my avatar and "Start a conversation"). The first thing I will ask is what mainstream science have you been reading so far about the topic... :smile:

I just noticed this thread start by you from last night -- it is a perfectly valid question, and you are getting good responses to it. :smile:

Chiefly said:
I have heard of and read about the big bang theory for the start of our universe. Are there other competing theories that I should look at.
Thanks
Chiefly