What are the benefits of pursuing a BSc in physics as an undergraduate student?

In summary, pursuing a BSc in physics as an undergraduate student offers a wide range of benefits. Not only does it provide a strong foundation in the fundamental principles of physics, but it also develops critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. A BSc in physics can lead to diverse career opportunities in fields such as research, engineering, education, and technology. Additionally, studying physics can also open doors to advanced studies in areas like astrophysics, quantum mechanics, and biophysics. Furthermore, a BSc in physics equips students with valuable transferable skills, such as data analysis and experimental design, that are highly sought after in many industries. Overall, pursuing a BSc in physics can lead to a challenging and rewarding career
JF001
I am an upcoming undergraduate student for a BSc in physics who can't wait to start university. I've been passionate about the subject for a long time and I want to try and contribute as best as I can to this forum.

As an 18 years old student, I am lacking the general knowledge to contribute effectively to this forum. I apologize in advance for my questions of little interest until I get a better grasp of the subject.

I had the opportunity to be an intern a few weeks ago at a nuclear power plant in France and loved it. Nuclear physics is fascinating and from what I've seen, heard and talked about, neutron transport is what I found the most interesting. I love mathematics and that internship gave me insight into a few subfields of nuclear physics. I was redirected into the more theoretical side of the subject (computer simulations, stereotypical blackboard with incomprehensible mathematics, working side by side with experimentators who try and prove the theories...).
It was an experience that even further motivated me.

Oh! And I was kindly given a book on nuclear physics and my goal is to read it and fully understand the math and the content at the end of my degree. So yeah! I might ask some questions about that if that's okay.
I genuinely hope to learn as much as possible with those forums and wish to answer questions when I'll be able to.

If I have to fully introduce myself then I'll just say I'm a girl longing to study to find the path which I love the most. I love sports, sociology, philosophy, and compete internationally for the discipline I undertake. My love for scientific subjects came from my father who used to be a research mathematician who turned to finances. I turned to physics more than pure mathematics because I need to rely upon concrete and existing objects and pure mathematics just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Thank you in advance for your time and everything else!
JF001

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Keep pursuing your passions! :smile:

Likes JF001
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. Keep pursuing your passions! :smile:
Thank you and yes! I definitely will! :D

Likes berkeman