Brain health/brain exercises? (part 2) Moved

In summary: Summary: In summary, when engaging in activities such as solving a rubix cube, playing video games, doing math or crossword puzzles, learning a new language, reading and writing, or doing philosophy, you are using and stimulating various parts of your brain such as motor skills, logic, language, and critical thinking. It is recommended to further educate oneself on the different functions of the brain to better understand how it is used during these activities.
timeuser84
What parts of the brain and/or mind do you use and/or stimulate when doing these activities? If you know. 1. rubix cube? 2.indian finger touching.? 3.playing minecraft.? 4. playing the classic pc game exiled?. 5. playing tetris?. 6 interpreting irrationality or irrational language?. 7.drawing or art.? 9. doing math? 10. learning a new or another language?. 11. learning and doing logic? 12. reading and writing? 13. typing properly?. 14. playing strategy pc games such as civ series, classic call to power, empire Earth and chess? 15.playing rpg and fighting games such elder scrolls oblivion, jedi knight jedi academy and street fighter or classic bruce lee story and/or other bruce lee games? 16. playing mystic pc game series? 17.thinking?, thinking on your feet?. multitasking? 18. crossword puzzles? 19.doing philosophy?

Physics news on Phys.org
You would most likely use all areas of you brain as you are doing these things, you have covered a number of different skills, including motor skills.

I would suggest that you get a book about how the brain works. Get a starter book, then work your way up.

To get you started, I have attached the following link that explains the different parts of the brain and which functions they control, you can then link the functions to what would be used in your different questions.

https://www.verywellmind.com/the-anatomy-of-the-brain-2794895

Thread locked.

Likes jim mcnamara

1. How can I improve my brain health?

There are several ways to improve brain health, including getting enough sleep, eating a balanced and nutritious diet, staying physically active, and engaging in mentally stimulating activities such as puzzles, reading, and learning new skills. It is also important to minimize stress and avoid harmful substances like tobacco and excessive alcohol.

2. Do brain exercises really work?

Yes, brain exercises have been shown to improve cognitive function and can help maintain brain health. However, it is important to choose brain exercises that are challenging and varied in order to see the most benefits.

3. Can brain exercises prevent or delay cognitive decline?

While brain exercises can help maintain brain health and improve cognitive function, there is no guarantee that they can prevent or delay cognitive decline. It is important to engage in a variety of activities and maintain a healthy lifestyle to support brain health.

4. Are there any specific brain exercises that are more effective than others?

There is no one "best" brain exercise, as different activities can have different benefits for the brain. It is recommended to engage in a variety of activities that challenge different cognitive skills, such as memory, problem-solving, and visual-spatial abilities.

5. How often should I do brain exercises?

The frequency of brain exercises can vary depending on individual needs and preferences. Some people may benefit from daily brain exercises, while others may only need to do them a few times a week. The key is to find a routine that works for you and stick with it consistently.