Bsc in Physics after Bachelors in Computer Science

In summary, it is possible to pursue a BSc in physics and astronomy after completing a bachelor's in computer science, and there are many universities in the US, Canada, and Europe that offer this degree.
zelta
Can anyone tell me if its possible to do a BSc in physics and astronomy after doing bachelor's in computer science? I was looking at applying for a Masters in physics and astronomy but looks like BSc is kind of a must because of the lack of training in physics I have.

I looked at schools like MIT and Caltech don't give second bachelor's, can you suggest any schools in US/Canada/Europe that do provide BSc to someone like me?

Thanks

PS: I realized the typo in the subject.

Physics news on Phys.org
Should have been BSc, not BS. Yes, it is possible to do a BSc in physics and astronomy after doing a bachelor's in computer science. Depending on your academic background, some universities may allow you to directly enroll in a Master's program, while others may require you to complete a BSc first. You can check with individual universities to see what their requirements are.In the US, there are many universities that offer BSc degrees in physics and astronomy, including Stanford University, the University of Arizona, and the University of California, Berkeley. In Canada, there are programs at the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, and McGill University. In Europe, you can find programs at universities like the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and Imperial College London.

1. What are the career opportunities with a BSc in Physics after completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science?

With a BSc in Physics, you can pursue a career in a variety of fields such as research, teaching, and industry. Some common job titles include physicist, data scientist, research analyst, and software engineer. Your background in computer science can also open up opportunities in fields such as computational physics, quantum computing, and artificial intelligence.

2. How long does it take to complete a BSc in Physics after completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science?

The duration of a BSc in Physics program can vary depending on the university and the student's course load. On average, it takes 2-3 years to complete a BSc in Physics after completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science.

3. Can I pursue a BSc in Physics after completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science online?

Yes, there are many universities that offer online BSc in Physics programs. However, it is important to research and choose a reputable and accredited online program to ensure the quality of education and job opportunities.

4. What are the core courses in a BSc in Physics program?

The core courses in a BSc in Physics program typically include classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and experimental physics. These courses provide a strong foundation in the fundamental principles of physics and are essential for further specialization in specific areas.

5. How does a BSc in Physics complement a Bachelor's in Computer Science?

A BSc in Physics can complement a Bachelor's in Computer Science by providing a strong background in mathematics, problem-solving skills, and scientific reasoning. This combination of skills can be valuable in various industries such as data analysis, software development, and research. It also opens up opportunities for interdisciplinary work in fields such as computational physics and data science.