Calculate the Discount Date

• MHB
  • Thread starter ammanda
  • Start date
In summary, the discount date can be calculated by adding the number of days for the discount period to the original purchase date. The discount period is the number of days after the purchase date when a discount will be applied, and weekends and holidays should be considered when calculating the discount date. Once the discount date has passed, the regular price will be charged and the discount cannot be used. The discount date is different from the expiration date, which marks the end of the discount or offer.
ammanda
hello everyone i have two math problems that i can not seem to get. is there anybody who could help me? I would appreciate it being broke down pleas and thank you.

Question 1:
Using the dating method, calculate the discount date and the net date. Unless otherwise specified, the net date is 20 days after the discount date:​
Do not abbreviate the names of the months.
Date of InvoiceTerms of SaleDiscount DateNet Date

April 62/10, EOM

Mathematics news on Phys.org

1. How do I calculate the discount date?

The discount date can be calculated by taking the original purchase date and adding the number of days for the discount period. This will give you the date when the discount will be applied.

2. What is the discount period?

The discount period refers to the number of days after the purchase date when a discount will be applied. This is usually a set amount of time, such as 30 days, and is determined by the company or store offering the discount.

3. Do I need to consider weekends and holidays when calculating the discount date?

Yes, weekends and holidays should be taken into account when calculating the discount date. If the discount period falls on a weekend or holiday, it may be extended to the next business day.

4. Can I still use the discount after the discount date?

No, the discount can only be applied during the specified discount period. After the discount date has passed, the regular price will be charged for the purchase.

5. Is the discount date the same as the expiration date?

No, the discount date and the expiration date are not the same. The discount date refers to when the discount can be applied, while the expiration date refers to when the discount or offer will no longer be valid.