Calculate the inductance of a solenóide wound on an iron core

In summary, the inductance of a solenoid wound on an iron core can be calculated by multiplying the permeability of the core material by the number of turns squared and dividing it by the length of the solenoid. This equation can be further simplified by taking into account the cross-sectional area of the solenoid and the diameter of the core. The inductance of a solenoid is an important factor to consider in applications such as electromagnets, transformers, and inductors.
Teslas
Hello friends of the forum! I'm here with a doubt! I have a solenoid of cross-sectional area 5cm and length 9cm with iron core of relative permeability (ur) 9,000, I wonder how to calculate this silenoid!

Physics news on Phys.org
Teslas said:
Hello friends of the forum! I'm here with a doubt! I have a solenoid of cross-sectional area 5cm and length 9cm with iron core of relative permeability (ur) 9,000, I wonder how to calculate this silenoid!
I think the difficulty is that the effective permeability of the core will be much less than 9,000 because the magnetic path is partly air. This problem comes up in connection with ferrite rod antennas, and there is an article here: http://g3rbj.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Web-The-Inductance-of-Ferrite-Rod-Antennas-issue-3.pdf

IMG

tech99 said:
I think the difficulty is that the effective permeability of the core will be much less than 9,000 because the magnetic path is partly air. This problem comes up in connection with ferrite rod antennas, and there is an article here: http://g3rbj.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Web-The-Inductance-of-Ferrite-Rod-Antennas-issue-3.pdf
My question is
Code:
  [ATTACH=full]238238[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 2gvv4gh.gif
    2gvv4gh.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 548
Teslas said:
IMG

My question is
2gvv4gh.gif

Attachments

• 2gvv4gh.gif
    2gvv4gh.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 654
Teslas said:
IMG

My question is
2gvv4gh.gif

Attachments

• 2gvv4gh.gif
    2gvv4gh.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 659
In the case of the air core, we see the formula with uo in it. But for the second case, iron core, we must also multiply by the effective mu of the magnetic path.

Likes Teslas
[QUOTE = "tech99, post: 6127760, member: 477979"] No caso do núcleo de ar, vemos a fórmula com uo nela. Mas para o segundo caso, núcleo de ferro, devemos também multiplicar pelo mu efetivo do caminho magnético. [/ QUOTE]
Amigo, obrigada por me responder! Estou tentando fazer um eletroímã! E eu não conheço a bitola do fio, não sei a equação, alguém poderia colocar um exemplo com essa fórmula que eu coloquei? Yess permeability magnetc of iron core yesss!

This question is magnéticFild ( B)

Teslas said:
This question
tech99 said:
In the case of the air core, we see the formula with uo in it. But for the second case, iron core, we must also multiply by the effective mu of the magnetic path.

You are correct, we must multiply by the magnetic permeability of the vac (uo) together with the permeability of the magnetic nucleus (ur) in this image that I put, I am in doubt in this formula, B = k.uo.nl, this formula is missing divide by length (L) am I right?

1. What is a solenoid?

A solenoid is a coil of wire that is tightly wound in a cylindrical shape. When an electric current is passed through the wire, it creates a magnetic field inside the solenoid.

2. What is an iron core?

An iron core is a piece of iron that is placed inside the solenoid. It helps to concentrate and strengthen the magnetic field created by the solenoid.

3. How is inductance calculated for a solenoid wound on an iron core?

Inductance is calculated using the formula L = (μ0 * μr * N^2 * A)/l, where μ0 is the permeability of free space, μr is the relative permeability of the iron core, N is the number of turns in the solenoid, A is the cross-sectional area of the solenoid, and l is the length of the solenoid.

4. What factors affect the inductance of a solenoid wound on an iron core?

The inductance of a solenoid wound on an iron core is affected by the number of turns in the coil, the cross-sectional area of the solenoid, the length of the solenoid, and the relative permeability of the iron core.

5. Why is it important to calculate the inductance of a solenoid wound on an iron core?

Calculating the inductance of a solenoid wound on an iron core is important because it helps to understand the behavior and characteristics of the solenoid. It is also necessary for designing and building circuits that use solenoids, such as electromagnets and transformers.