Calculation for proportional mechanical solenoid Force

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for information on calculating proportional solenoid force using magnetic reluctance based on an equivalent magnetic circuit by networking method. The individual mentions reading a book on electromagnets and finding information on solenoid design using a search term. They are specifically looking for assistance in building an equivalent magnetic circuit for a proportional solenoid.
sk_astroman
TL;DR Summary
I'm looking for calculation for proportional solenoid force - reluctance method
I'm looking for calculation for proportional solenoid force (constant force for some working stroke) using magnetic reluctance based on equivalent magnetic circuit by networking method. I was reading a book Elektromangnate by Dr Kallenbach which discussed such method but for switching solenoid. Can anyone help me how this magnetic circuit can be built for proportional solenoid?

Physics news on Phys.org
I found a lot of good information using search term solenoid design. One hit, http://commons.princeton.edu/motorcycledesign/wp-content/uploads/sites/70/2018/07/solenoid.pdf, had this graph in it:
Solenoid.jpg

Does one of these curves describe what you are trying to accomplish?

• Informative
Likes berkeman
Thank you but i know the links you posted in the reply. Thank you!
But i am expecting building equivalent magnetic circuit for proportional solenoid with control cone geometry. if any one could help me on this topic. Thank you!

Last edited:

1. What is a proportional mechanical solenoid force?

A proportional mechanical solenoid force is a type of force that is generated by an electromagnet. It is proportional to the amount of current passing through the solenoid and can be controlled by adjusting the current.

2. How is the force of a proportional mechanical solenoid calculated?

The force of a proportional mechanical solenoid can be calculated using the formula F = B x I x L, where F is the force in Newtons, B is the magnetic flux density in Tesla, I is the current in Amps, and L is the length of the solenoid in meters.

3. What factors can affect the force of a proportional mechanical solenoid?

The force of a proportional mechanical solenoid can be affected by the current passing through the solenoid, the number of turns in the coil, the magnetic flux density, and the length of the solenoid.

4. How can the force of a proportional mechanical solenoid be adjusted?

The force of a proportional mechanical solenoid can be adjusted by changing the current passing through the solenoid. Increasing the current will increase the force, while decreasing the current will decrease the force.

5. What are some applications of proportional mechanical solenoids?

Proportional mechanical solenoids are commonly used in various industries such as automotive, medical, and industrial. They are used in applications such as valves, pumps, actuators, and other devices that require precise and controllable force.