Calculus III or Thermodynamics: Which is the Best Fit for Next Semester?

In summary, the individual is unsure whether to take Calculus III or Thermodynamics for their upcoming semester. They already have a schedule planned with courses in applied ODE, Statics, Economic Management in Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering Drawing. They are wondering if it is recommended to take ODE and Calculus III together or if Thermodynamics would be a better fit. They also mention that they like both subjects equally and are considering taking Thermodynamics this term and Calculus III next term. They also ask for any input on the difficulty of Thermodynamics compared to E&M, which they found to be boring and difficult to visualize.
ZenOne
I have made my schedule for next semester and I am unsure if I should take Calculus III or Thermodynamics (first ME course), my schedule looks like this:

ENGR 213-Applied ODE
ENGR 242-Statics
ENGR 301-Economic Management in Engineering
MECH 211-Mechanical Engineering Drawing
Either ENGR 251-Thermodynaics or ENGR 233-Applied Advanced Calculus for Engineers (Calculus III, basically).

Is taking ODE and Calculus III recommended or would Thermodynamics be a better fit there?

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically 2 heavy physics classes or 2 heavy math classes. Anyone?

*NOTE: I like both subjects equally.

I would take thermo this term, calc3 next and PDE after that.

That was my leaning--for some reason the idea of calculus 3 and 4 at the same time seems like too much.

How similar is Thermodynamics to E&M because I love physics but I found E&M to be incredibly boring and hard to visualize. I find the topic Thermo to be more interesting, in general, but are the methods used as obscure as E&M?

Thank BTW and thanks in advance for any responses.

Related to Calculus III or Thermodynamics: Which is the Best Fit for Next Semester?

1. What factors should I consider when choosing courses for next semester?

When choosing courses for next semester, you should consider your major requirements, your academic strengths and interests, your schedule and availability, and any prerequisite courses needed.

2. How can I determine which courses are the best fit for my academic goals?

You can determine which courses are the best fit for your academic goals by looking at the course descriptions, talking to your academic advisor, and considering your future career plans.

3. Is it better to take a variety of courses or focus on one specific subject?

This depends on your academic goals and personal preferences. Some students may benefit from taking a variety of courses to explore different subjects, while others may prefer to focus on one specific subject to deepen their knowledge and skills.

4. Should I take more challenging courses even if it means a heavier workload?

This decision depends on your ability to manage a heavier workload and your academic goals. Taking more challenging courses can be beneficial for personal growth and future academic pursuits, but it's important to balance your workload and prioritize your mental and physical well-being.

5. How can I ensure that I have a balanced schedule for next semester?

To ensure a balanced schedule, you should consider your workload, the difficulty level of your courses, and any extracurricular activities or commitments you have. It's important to have a healthy balance of challenging courses and lighter courses to avoid burnout and maintain academic success.