Can a Non-Profit Film on Quantum Physics Attract Volunteer Science Advisors?

In summary: Your Name]In summary, Russell is looking for a science advisor for their upcoming film on quantum entanglement. The film is a non-profit, independent project and the science advisor will receive credit for their assistance. The film will be submitted to Sundance and other film festivals, and the advisor will be invited to screenings if the film is successful. The group is seeking someone with a strong understanding of quantum physics and their goal is to create a thought-provoking and accurate portrayal of the subject. Interested individuals can contact Russell through email for more information.
mrchipps
Hello everyone! I recently discovered this wonderful forum while searching for references for an upcoming film I'm currently working on. I know this is going to sound like a strange request, but I'm looking for anyone interested in being a science advisor for our film. Before anyone gets too excited, let me explain that we are a non-profit, independent film group and there would be no pay involved for those offering their services. However, you will receive full credit for your assistance - on our website and on the film credits. We're hoping to submit the film to Sundance (as well as many other film fests), so in the event that the film does make it BIG, you will be invited to the screenings and have a chance to bask in the glory of it all. :)

Now, with that said, what our group is looking for is someone who is well educated in the field of Quantum physics - specifically Quantum Entanglement. A few of us have 'armchair' knowledge in the field and are looking to entertain our interests by making a film about it. The genre of our film is sci-fi/thriller, and could be (somewhat) compared to Butterfly Effect or Quantum Leap, in that it's not a 'spacey' sci-fi film.

Our goal is to take what we know about quantum physics today, and add to it, by prediciting what interesting commercial devices could be created in the future - once we finally harness the power of quantum physics.

If anyone is interested, please send email to: brawny_lads@yahoo.com

I will send a synopsis of the film to you and go from there. Feel free to check out our website so you know we are a real film group: www.brawnylads.com[/URL]

Be aware that most of our older films were short comedy based skits and that we are looking to branch out into more serious, feature length films. This film, being one of them.

I hope nobody get's upset for me posting this here, but, after scanning through the forum, I considered this one of the best forums for gathering real scientific resources. As I'm sure, most of you would like to see more 'realistic' science in sci-fi films, so by contributing, you would help ensure that. :)

Cheers,
Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ell

Dear Russell,

I am a scientist with a background in quantum physics and I am definitely interested in being a science advisor for your film. I commend your group for taking on a challenging topic like quantum entanglement and striving for accuracy in your portrayal of science in film.

I understand that your group is a non-profit organization and there will be no pay involved for my services. However, I am passionate about science communication and I would be happy to offer my expertise and knowledge to help make your film as scientifically accurate as possible.

I have visited your website and I am impressed with your previous work. It's great to see a group of filmmakers who are willing to take on more serious and thought-provoking subjects. I would be honored to contribute to your upcoming film.

Please do send me a synopsis of the film and we can discuss further from there. I am also open to any additional information or resources that you may need for your film. Let's work together to create a film that not only entertains but also educates about the exciting field of quantum physics.

ell

Hello Russell,

Thank you for reaching out to our forum for potential science advisors for your upcoming film on quantum physics. It's great to see filmmakers interested in incorporating accurate science into their work.

I appreciate the effort to make science fiction more realistic and grounded in actual scientific concepts. Quantum physics is a fascinating and complex field, and I'm sure there are many scientists who would be interested in contributing to your project.

However, I would like to remind you that scientists are professionals who have dedicated their lives to studying and understanding complex concepts like quantum entanglement. Asking for their expertise without offering any form of compensation, whether it be monetary or otherwise, is not respectful of their time and expertise. I understand that your film group is non-profit, but it's important to value the contributions of scientists and not expect them to work for free.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck with your film and hope that you are able to find a qualified science advisor who is willing to support your project. I also urge you to consider the importance of accurately representing scientific concepts in your film and the impact it can have on the public's understanding and perception of science.

Related to Can a Non-Profit Film on Quantum Physics Attract Volunteer Science Advisors?

1. What is the film about?

The film explores the fascinating world of quantum physics, covering topics such as quantum mechanics, quantum computing, and quantum entanglement.

2. Who is the target audience for this film?

The film is suitable for both scientists and non-scientists, as it presents complex concepts in a visually engaging and easy-to-understand manner.

3. Are there any real-life applications of quantum physics?

Yes, quantum physics has numerous applications in fields such as technology, medicine, and even finance. For example, quantum computers have the potential to solve complex problems at a much faster rate than traditional computers.

4. Will the film feature interviews with experts in the field?

Yes, the film will include interviews with leading scientists and researchers in the field of quantum physics, providing insight and perspective on the latest advancements and discoveries.

5. Is the film based on factual information?

Yes, the film is based on scientific research and facts, and has been reviewed by experts in the field to ensure accuracy and authenticity.