Can anyone me with this division and remainder problem?

In summary, division is a mathematical operation that finds the number of times one quantity is contained in another, while the remainder is the amount left over after dividing the two quantities. To solve a division and remainder problem, you must divide the two quantities and then find the remainder, which is always less than the divisor. You can check your work by multiplying the quotient by the divisor and adding the remainder, and the result should be equal to the dividend. Some common mistakes include forgetting to include the remainder, incorrectly dividing the two quantities, and not using the correct order of operations. To avoid these mistakes, you can use estimation and break down larger numbers into smaller ones.
Victoriacv
Member warned that the template must be used
Is there any chance someone can help me solve this? Music teacher with absolutely no idea how to solve this. Thanl you so much.

? w!81 = 26r3 (the goal is to find the first number, and explain how you figured it out)

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you explain the notation? It is not standard mathematical notation.

Perhaps @Victoriacv meant to type: w divided by 81 equals 26 remainder 3. If that is the case, then you can rewrite as (w / 81) = 26 + (3/81), then multiply both sides by 81 and get the value of w.

Likes CWatters and jedishrfu

Related to Can anyone me with this division and remainder problem?

What is division and remainder?

Division is a mathematical operation that finds the number of times one quantity is contained in another. The remainder is the amount left over after dividing the two quantities.

What is the process for solving a division and remainder problem?

The process for solving a division and remainder problem is to divide the two quantities and then find the remainder. The remainder is always less than the divisor.

How do I know if I am doing a division and remainder problem correctly?

You can check your work by multiplying the quotient (the result of division) by the divisor and adding the remainder. The result should be equal to the dividend (the number being divided).

What are some common mistakes when solving a division and remainder problem?

Some common mistakes include forgetting to include the remainder, incorrectly dividing the two quantities, and not using the correct order of operations.

Are there any tips or tricks for solving division and remainder problems?

One helpful tip is to use estimation to check your work. You can also break down larger numbers into smaller ones to make the division easier.