Can Biophysics Offer Solutions to Combat CO2 and Climate Change?

• Thread starter mikelandmeier
  • Start date
  • Tags
    biophysics
In summary, biophysics has the potential to offer solutions to combat CO2 and climate change. By studying the physical and chemical processes of living organisms, biophysicists can develop innovative technologies and strategies to reduce carbon emissions and mitigate the effects of climate change. Examples include using biomimicry to design more efficient and sustainable energy systems, studying the role of microorganisms in carbon sequestration, and developing biodegradable materials to replace non-renewable resources. Furthermore, biophysics can also provide valuable insights into the impacts of climate change on living organisms and help inform conservation efforts. Overall, biophysics has the potential to play a crucial role in addressing the global challenge of climate change.
mikelandmeier
Gold Member
How did you find PF?
Google... a long time ago
I am a retired engineer now working to apply biophysics technologies to solve the global CO2 problem. I have registered a team on the Elon Musk CO2 Removal Xprize.

https://pop.xprize.org/Teams/TeamProfile?TeamID=5288

Biology has the answer to the excessive environmental CO2 problem.

I am not a physicist or even a credentialed scientist. I learn by continually studying topics of interest. And then applying what I think I know.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. It's good to have you here. :smile: