Can Euler Integration Simplify Chaotic Systems?

In summary, Euler integration is a numerical method used to solve differential equations, and it can be used to simplify chaotic systems by approximating their behavior. However, it may not accurately capture the complex dynamics of these systems, and other methods such as Runge-Kutta integration may be needed for more accurate results.
ohaited
Hey, I have this chaotic system. It is a modified Hamiltonian Chaotic System and it is based on Henon-Heiles chaotic system. So I have this functions (as shown below). I want to know how can I make it as a discrete function. Like, how can I know the value for x dot and y dot.

henon heiles.jpg
1. Prefer to know it in a simple way, take it as someone who doesn't have physics fundamental but want to know about these two chaotic system. Really appreciate you help.

Oh, and yeah. If there any misinterpret for keyword. Do correct me :)

Attachments

• henon heiles.jpg
    henon heiles.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 505
Physics news on Phys.org
ohaited said:
Prefer to know it in a simple way
Isn't equation (5) in your picture the simplest representation ? You do have four variables to integrate, not two ...

BvU said:
Isn't equation (5) in your picture the simplest representation ? You do have four variables to integrate, not two ...

Oh really? I don't quite get what you want to tell me. Can you tell me a little bit more detail? Like how do I integrate all these variables?

P/s: I'm new with all these chaotic system, this study is for the purpose of studying chaotic map for my crypto-system.

Your initial variables are ##x,\dot x, y, \dot y## and all four develop in time according to the equations (5)

BvU said:
Your initial variables are ##x,\dot x, y, \dot y## and all four develop in time according to the equations (5)
Oh, okay. So it is a time dependent variables. So how do I integrate those variables. The ##\dot x, \dot y## as far as I knew it is differential equation. How to make it difference equation.

##x_{n+1} = x_{n} + v_n \Delta t ##
##v_{n+1} = -x_{n} -2 x_n y_n\Delta t \ ## etc.

This is the simples approach, called Euler integration. It won't give you nice stable orbits, so you may way to search for better integration methods.

1. How do I know when an equation can be simplified?

One way to determine if an equation can be simplified is by looking at the terms in the equation. If there are like terms, they can often be combined or canceled out to simplify the equation.

2. What are some common techniques for simplifying equations?

Some common techniques for simplifying equations include combining like terms, using the distributive property, and factoring.

3. Can I change the order of operations when simplifying an equation?

No, the order of operations (PEMDAS) must always be followed when simplifying equations. Changing the order can result in an incorrect solution.

4. How can I check if my simplified equation is equivalent to the original equation?

You can check the solution to the simplified equation by plugging it back into the original equation. If the solution satisfies the equation, then the simplified equation is equivalent to the original.

5. What should I do if I am unsure of how to simplify a particular equation?

If you are unsure of how to simplify an equation, it is always best to start by breaking down the equation into smaller parts and simplifying each part separately. You can also seek help from a teacher or tutor for guidance.