Can gnuplot create filled regions on one side of a parametric curve?

In summary, the conversation discusses various possibilities and techniques for using gnuplot. These include filling regions on one side of a parametric curve, creating multiple parametric plots, displaying calligraphic fonts, using larger points for data, fitting parametric curves and functions, changing font size in title lines, and drawing transparent curves. The conversation also mentions a link for further information, but there is no answer provided on that page.
mersecske
Hi everybody,

1) It is possible to fill region somehow on one side of a parametric curve with gnuplot?

2) It is possible to do multiple parametric plots with the command "plot for [i=1:10] ..."?

3) How can display calligraphic fonts with gnuplot?

4) How can I use points which are larger than dots, but look like filled circles?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
5) It is possible to fit parametric curves?

6) It is possible to fit a given parametric function to go through one fixed point?

7) It is possible to chage font size in a title line?

#4 Use the set pointstyle and set pointsize commands
#7 For size and font of title: gnuplot> set title "Damping Function" font "Times-Roman,40"

7) But I want to change the size in one line! For example size 8 for the first part and size 16 for the second part! How?

Nobody can answer?

Another question:

8) It is possible to draw transparent curves with gnuplot?

I am so sad. No answer? Are you using gnuplot?

One-link answer:
http://gnuplot-tricks.blogspot.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I know, but no answer on this page.

Related to Can gnuplot create filled regions on one side of a parametric curve?

What is gnuplot?

Gnuplot is a command-driven plotting program used to visualize and analyze data. It is commonly used in scientific research and data analysis.

What are some advanced features of gnuplot?

Some advanced features of gnuplot include 3D plotting, animation, and the ability to plot multiple data sets on the same graph. It also has advanced customization options for axes, labels, and plot styles.

How can I plot data from a file in gnuplot?

To plot data from a file in gnuplot, use the command "plot 'filename' using x:y" where "filename" is the name of your data file and x and y are the columns of data to use for the x and y axes.

Can I use gnuplot to create graphs for publication?

Yes, gnuplot has advanced formatting options that allow you to create publication-quality graphs with customizable fonts, colors, and labels. It also supports various file formats for exporting graphs.

Is gnuplot free to use?

Yes, gnuplot is a free and open-source software that can be downloaded and used by anyone. It is available for various operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.