Can I get some help please? (single image display)

• Thread starter DMAJones
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the person is looking for a way to display a single image on a miniature display, and is not sure how to approach the project. They have found three display candidates, but are not sure if they need an Arduino or Raspberry Pi to drive it. They have also not done any uC programming projects yet. Their project is to recreate a scene from a game that they have 3D modeled, but they are worried about memory and speed constraints. If they were to use a slide viewer, they would be better off using a Raspberry Pi.
DMAJones
first of all- Hello! I was wondering if anyone can help me, I am looking to get a miniature display (2.8" TFT display, annoyingly touch screen but oh well) all I want to do is display a single image for a small project of mine but I'm not sure how to approach this, do i use a RaspberryPi or Arduino?? if so what else will I need? Its also preferred if its cheaper than say something like a RaspberryPi as I might build it more than once for others.

PS. I have never done anything like this :D

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

What have you found with your Google searches so far? Can you please post links to the top 3 display candidates that you have found so far?

And are you saying that you need to drive this display from an Arduino uC, but you have no experience in uC programming projects?

Is this a schoolwork assignment? What class is it for? Does anybody else in the class have uC programming experience?

These are the Displays i was looking at only having knowledge on needing a display and the size i need:
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/485-1774
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Mikroe/MIKROE-241?qs=sGAEpiMZZMset%2FhoJ47xJJn4pjfQgEwC7yh4H5hR

I'm not saying i need an Arduino to drive this no, i have no knowledge on any of this at all, its why i came here to learn and get some help, Arduino is something i have just picked up from online and believed that it is something that would work for my case, this isn't for anything in particular like school work, this is me purely wanting to learn how to do this for personal use

DMAJones said:
These are the Displays i was looking at only having knowledge on needing a display and the size i need:
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/485-1774
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Mikroe/MIKROE-241?qs=sGAEpiMZZMset%2FhoJ47xJJn4pjfQgEwC7yh4H5hR

I'm not saying i need an Arduino to drive this no, i have no knowledge on any of this at all, its why i came here to learn and get some help, Arduino is something i have just picked up from online and believed that it is something that would work for my case, this isn't for anything in particular like school work, this is me purely wanting to learn how to do this for personal use
That's helpful, thanks.

But can you say more about your project? What have you done with uC projects so far? What embedded languages have you programmed in so far? (C, Python, etc.)

What development system and development platform/board are you planning on using for this project?

It's very hard for us to give you useful tips without understanding exactly where you are in your learning, whether this is for schoolwork, and what development platform you want to use...

"I have no knowledge on any of this at all, its why I came here to learn and get some help"-
any and all information is helpful. This is what I am aiming to recreate (from a game) I have 3d modeled it within fusion 360 and then decided that I want to make it more exciting than just a boring prop, so i wanted to make the screen as seen on the picture display just a single image and the the rocker switch beside it just turn it on and off. that is my project and having no previous knowledge or work on this I thought coming to a forum for help would be my best bet at learning how to.

Attachments

• Apex-Legends-Wattson-Heirloom.jpg
    Apex-Legends-Wattson-Heirloom.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 81
An electronic picture frame would do the job. They come as small as 1.5 inches, and some cost less than $20. But you need to decide two things.

1. Power: battery or USB from a charger?
  2. Is the picture stored on a SD card, or is the frame connected to a computer where the picture is.
Here's a search that will show you very many products that might do it.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=electron...17&sprefix=electronic+pic,aps,117&ref=sr_pg_1

Due to memory and speed constraints this kind of image will be difficult to display using Arduino. Raspberry Pi would be a much better option.

(That's ignoring many other problems already addressed in the questions asked earlier).

Thank you for the help everyone, I really appreciate it!

Likes berkeman

1. Can you explain the concept of "single image display"?

Single image display refers to the ability to view a single image on a screen or device without any other images or content present. This can be achieved through various methods such as clicking on a thumbnail or using a slideshow feature.

2. How can I get help with single image display?

If you are having trouble with single image display, you can try reaching out to the customer support team of the software or device you are using. There are also various online forums and communities where you can ask for assistance from other users.

3. Is single image display a common feature?

Yes, single image display is a common feature in many devices and software programs, especially those that are used for viewing and editing images. It is a convenient way to focus on one image at a time without any distractions.

4. Can I customize the single image display settings?

It depends on the specific software or device you are using. Some may allow you to adjust the size, resolution, and other settings of the single image display, while others may have more limited options. It is best to refer to the user manual or contact customer support for more information.

5. How can I switch from single image display to multiple image display?

This will depend on the specific software or device you are using. Some may have a button or option to switch between single and multiple image display, while others may require you to close the single image and open multiple images separately. Refer to the user manual or contact customer support for guidance.