Can I Help My Wife's Fat Cat with its Smelly Bathroom Habits?

• Thread starter drankin
  • Start date
I'm just gonna say it...poo!I'm recently remarried, and my wife came with 2 cats and a dog. One of the cats happens to be really fat and has digestion issues. I'm considering taking the cat on a hunting trip or changing its diet to help with the issue. My wife used to be a veterinary assistant and may have some insight on the best solution. We also purchased an expensive automatic cat box that isn't working properly. I'm trying to convince my wife to put the cat box outside and install a cat door, but she's not on board. Some other suggestions include aligning the cat's chakras or getting a hitman to make it look like natural causes.
drankin
I'm recently remarried, 3 yrs now. My wife came with 2 cats and a dog. I figured she was worth it. We all have baggage right? One of the cats, the dog, they work out alright despite the hairage.

Anyway, one of these cats happens to be really fat. Ok, so what, right? Well when this cat hits the catbox for his "daily constitutional" he blows out the entire house! I can't even begin to compete with this feline. It's eyewateringly horrible. This thing is going to be alive for at least another 3-5 yrs!

What can I humanely do? I'm thinking about taking this cat on a hunting trip.

Physics news on Phys.org
Change its diet. Tuna fish.

Cyrus said:
Change its diet. Tuna fish.

If it were my cat I'd try anything. But, it's her cat. She used to be a veterinary assistant. She knows best. My uneducated opinions aren't appreciated.

Oh, and the automatic cat box deal we bought for $100+? It can't even move the cats contribution. It just goes *eeeeaarrrrrrggghh*-*chunk* and stalls completely.

I'm trying to convince her to put the damn box outside and we can put a cat-door in. She won't go for it.

I'm thinking hunting trip...

Cats are very good hunters. However.

Do not feed a cat tuna fish. A change of diet, however, may help. Maybe you could convince her that a special vet food is required for weight control and all.

Also, a vet visit about the issue might be in order. Believe it or not, that's not normal. It's true. I wouldn't lie to you.

GeorginaS said:
Cats are very good hunters. However.

Do not feed a cat tuna fish. A change of diet, however, may help. Maybe you could convince her that a special vet food is required for weight control and all.

Also, a vet visit about the issue might be in order. Believe it or not, that's not normal. It's true. I wouldn't lie to you.

Here's the other part of the story. This cat seems to have a condition. It was a victim of neighbor poisioning about 4yrs back. Barely survived and hasn't been the same since in the cat-box department. It basically doesn't digest very well though it looks freakin healthy enough. "Herby" is the cat-box/home Terminator.

LOL the hunting trip, and congrats on the re-marraige. Look at the high-tech catbox alternatives. Fans, flipping boxes, etc. Ask your new wife to please take the lead...

I would agree with Georgina that a visit to the vet...with a sample from the catbox...is in order. Especially when you say the cat has a known problem with nutrient absorption, and is obese, it sounds like a special diet is in order. The down side...for you, not the cat or your wife...is that getting the cat onto a special diet might help it live longer. :wink:

I'm thinking that chanting and meditation should do it.

For Drankin...

Ivan Seeking said:
I'm thinking that chanting and meditation should do it.

For Drankin...

Maybe I could imagine the odor as an exotic incense. :approve:

Maybe your kitty needs his chakras aligned.

Or perhaps just a better kitty litter?

My wife and I have these little differences of opinion from time to time (meaning every 5 minutes) however, the hunting trip solution is out. My wife likes to watch murder mystery dvds and gets them by the dozen from the library. I don't mind so much since I don't watch, I just sit and read. However, she takes notes and that makes me nervous. I have reminded her on many occations that the complicated murder plots in these movies don't work. The murderer always gets caught. But back to the cat, the one that was a victim of neighbor poisoning about 4 years ago and is cruising for a replay. I like the cat-door idea. That way when the odor gets to be too much, you can go outside. And while you're at the bar, your wife can clean out the litter box.

jimmysnyder said:
The murderer always gets caught.

They only get caught in tv or movies, not IRL. It was nice knowing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmysnyder said:
I like the cat-door idea. That way when the odor gets to be too much, you can go outside. And while you're at the bar, your wife can clean out the litter box.

Wouldn't that be a drankin-door?

http://www.tuningforktherapy.com/about_1.html" to help you fix your cat's chakras.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish...yet apparently you can tune a cat.

I'm going to keep pushing the drankin door. If the cat disappears, whether it's my fault or not, I will be the prime suspect. I don't have an out on that one.

Maybe I can find a hitman who does cats and makes it look like natural causes.

lisab said:
http://www.tuningforktherapy.com/about_1.html" to help you fix your cat's chakras.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish...yet apparently you can tune a cat.

:rofl:

It's amazing what cats put up with from humans. You know they must snicker about this stuff down at the dumpster.

drankin said:
It was a victim of neighbor poisioning about 4yrs back.

Wait a minute...how long had you been dating your wife of three years before getting married?:uhh:

Moonbear said:
Wait a minute...how long had you been dating your wife of three years before getting married?:uhh:

Approx 2yrs. I didn't live with her at the time. She has had this cat a for about 5yrs.

drankin said:
Approx 2yrs. I didn't live with her at the time. She has had this cat a for about 5yrs.

Aha! Admit it, you're just trying to make up for the last botched attempt at felicide! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Aha! Admit it, you're just trying to make up for the last botched attempt at felicide! :biggrin:

Noway! I like the cat. I'd like to strangle the poisoner for not finishing the job and subjecting me to the smell of a botched attempt!

1. How can I help my wife's fat cat with its smelly bathroom habits?

There are a few steps you can take to help improve your cat's bathroom habits. First, make sure your cat has a clean litter box that is scooped daily. Also, try switching to a high-quality, low-odor litter. Additionally, make sure your cat has access to fresh water at all times, as dehydration can contribute to smelly urine. If the problem persists, it may be best to consult with your veterinarian to rule out any underlying health issues.

2. Is there a specific diet that can help with my cat's smelly bathroom habits?

While there isn't a specific diet that can directly improve bathroom odor, feeding your cat a high-quality, balanced diet can help maintain their digestive health and improve the odor of their waste. Additionally, incorporating a small amount of canned pumpkin or plain yogurt into their diet can help regulate their digestion and reduce odor.

3. Is there a certain age or breed that is more prone to smelly bathroom habits in cats?

There isn't a specific age or breed that is more prone to smelly bathroom habits in cats. However, older cats and certain breeds, such as Persians and Himalayans, may be more susceptible to digestive issues that can contribute to odor. It's important to monitor your cat's bathroom habits and address any changes or concerns with your veterinarian.

4. Can stress or anxiety be a factor in my cat's smelly bathroom habits?

Yes, stress and anxiety can contribute to smelly bathroom habits in cats. Cats are sensitive creatures and any changes in their environment or routine can cause stress, leading to changes in their bathroom habits. To help alleviate stress, make sure your cat has a quiet and comfortable space to retreat to, and try to keep their routine as consistent as possible.

5. Are there any natural remedies for improving my cat's smelly bathroom habits?

There are a few natural remedies that may help improve your cat's bathroom habits. Adding a small amount of apple cider vinegar to their water can help regulate pH levels and reduce odor. Probiotics and digestive enzymes can also be beneficial in maintaining a healthy gut and reducing odor. However, it's important to consult with your veterinarian before trying any new supplements or remedies for your cat.

Back