Can I Share My Simulations on Gravity and Magnetism with Others on this Forum?

In summary, a science hobbyist is someone who enjoys science as a hobby rather than a profession. Examples of science hobbies include amateur astronomy, collecting rocks and minerals, birdwatching, and building model rockets. You do not need a formal background in science to be a science hobbyist, and you can start by exploring topics that interest you and joining online communities or local clubs. The benefits of being a science hobbyist include expanding knowledge, improving critical thinking skills, and fostering curiosity and fulfillment.
atommo
I rarely do forum introductions but I'll do my best.

My name's Tom, and I am a science hobbyist. I enjoy trying to find answers to some of the most difficult-to-answer questions/science fields that are still relatively immature (neuroscience for example). I am definitely not well-versed in the literature of science. I enjoy putting difficult-to-understand subjects into something much easier to understand. I work as a network technician so I've managed to get a few analogies from my time studying computer networks which relate to neural networks.

Ideally I'd like to put some of the conclusions I've come to on here if that's alright. I don't really mind if they're dismissed; I would just be interested to see if others come to the same conclusion. They aren't quite theories as they don't have the necessary research/evidence. They are more like results of simulations I've run in my head that could potentially be verified if one had access to the right equipment (but I don't).

Is there a place on here where I could do that? Its the main reason I joined really- I just want to have a good discussion about the fundamentals of gravity and magnetism mainly (their causes and effects: the difficult-to-work-out stuff).

I'm also interested in the practicality of technology that would allow contactless transport (not quite anti-gravity, but mag-lev ships) although I have an interest in all areas of science to some degree. This is just my area of focus at the moment.

Hopefully we'll have many interesting conversations in future!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Tom! PF is a mainstream science education community. If that is what you want to discuss, you are at the right place. Speculation and personal theories are not allowed.

Thanks for replying! :)

Shucks, seems like currently I won't be able to post my ideas then. However just to clarify, if my ideas are completely based off of currently existing scientific evidence, does that still count as 'speculation/personal theories'? (As in if I walked through each part and cited the scientific evidence related to it)

Alright, thanks for clarifying. Even if I cannot post my ideas I can still ask questions to help me build on them anyway!

Hi Tom,
I'm also a science enthusiast, so enjoy physics forums, it's really useful.

What is a science hobbyist?

A science hobbyist is someone who is interested in science as a hobby, rather than as a profession. They may conduct experiments, read scientific literature, and participate in discussions and activities related to science in their free time.

What are some examples of science hobbies?

Some examples of science hobbies include amateur astronomy, collecting and studying rocks and minerals, birdwatching, and building and launching model rockets.

Do you need a background in science to be a science hobbyist?

No, you do not need a formal background in science to be a science hobbyist. Many people develop an interest in science through their own curiosity and self-guided learning.

How can I get started as a science hobbyist?

To get started as a science hobbyist, you can begin by exploring topics that interest you and conducting simple experiments at home. You can also join online communities or local clubs to connect with other science hobbyists and learn from their experiences.

What are the benefits of being a science hobbyist?

Being a science hobbyist can provide many benefits, such as expanding your knowledge and understanding of the world, improving critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and fostering a sense of curiosity and wonder. It can also be a fun and fulfilling way to spend your free time.