Can somebody better explain this than the book does?

In summary, the main difference between a book's explanation and a person's explanation is that a book is written while a person's explanation is verbal. It is possible for a person with a different perspective to provide a better explanation than the book. To find someone who can explain the information better than the book, one can reach out to classmates, colleagues, online communities, or seek out a tutor or teacher. Whether it is better to get an explanation from a person or to reread the book depends on the individual's learning style. A person's explanation can be biased compared to the information in the book, so it is important to critically evaluate any information for accuracy and objectivity.
O'Fearraigh
It's about GARCH(1,1) processes (mainly it's all statistics and probability).
Anyway, there is the section of a book (link below) that is confusing me:
Where does "E[ln⁡(β+αz_t^2)]" come from (on page 319, the "second" page)? My other question is why does it say that "ln⁡(β+αz_t^2) holds trivially if β > 0"? Maybe it's me, but I don't think it really make sense to say that a natural log "holds"... Isn't that wording generally reserved for logical statements?

Book:

http://www.jstor.org/stable/3532198?seq=1

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I do not have access the jstor repository. So would you mind to send a copy of that paper here ron_michael70@yahoo.com?

Thanks,

ronm said:
I do not have access the jstor repository. So would you mind to send a copy of that paper here ron_michael70@yahoo.com?

Thanks,
Perhaps you do not know that papers on jstor are copywrited and access is restricted to those people who have payed to for the privilege or belong to organizations that have payed. In other words, what you are asking O'Fearraigh to do is illegal.

Related to Can somebody better explain this than the book does?

1. What is the difference between a book's explanation and a person's explanation?

The main difference is that a book's explanation is a written form of information, while a person's explanation is given verbally. This means that a person can use tone, inflection, and examples to better convey the information compared to a book which is limited to text.

2. Can somebody with a different perspective provide a better explanation than the book?

Yes, it is possible for someone with a different perspective to provide a better explanation than the book. This is because they may have a different way of understanding the information and can present it in a way that is more relatable or easier to understand.

3. How can I find someone who can explain the information better than the book?

You can reach out to classmates, colleagues, or even online communities related to the subject matter. You can also seek out a tutor or a teacher who specializes in the topic and can provide a more in-depth explanation.

4. Is it better to get an explanation from a person or to just reread the book?

It ultimately depends on the individual and their learning style. Some people may find it more helpful to have a verbal explanation, while others may prefer to go back and reread the book for a better understanding. It may also be beneficial to do both, as hearing a different perspective can help deepen understanding gained from reading the book.

5. Can a person's explanation be biased compared to the information in the book?

Yes, a person's explanation can be biased compared to the information in the book. This is because they may have personal opinions or experiences that influence their understanding and explanation of the information. It is important to critically evaluate any information, whether it is from a book or a person, to ensure accuracy and objectivity.