Can You Connect Mel Gibson and Pierce Brosnan in Just One Movie?

In summary: I'll start with a pretty easy one. Mel Gibson and Pierce Brosnan in 1 movie.See if you can get the Olsen twins.I don't think it can be done.If you mean the Olsen twins and Kevin bacon, hate to burst the bubble but there's only 1 degree: Kevin and Steve Guttenberg were in Diner and Steve was in It Takes Two with the Olsen twins.
daveb
I'm sure most people are familiar with the 6 degrees of Kevin bacon game. Here's something for folks to have fun with. The rules are:

1) You must name 2 relatively well known celebreties who have both appeared in at least one theatrical movie (i.e., not made for TV nor TV series).
2) You must name the number of movies that separates them. E.g., if I were to name Kevin Bacon and Elliot Gould, then Kevin Bacon and Donald Sutherland were in JFK, and Dnald and Elliot Gould were in M*A*S*H together, so the separation is 1 movie.
3) All connecting movies must also have relatively well known celebrity (though maybe not well known at the time) connections.
4) The first person to correctly identify the number (please also specify pathway for clarification so that you aren't actually guessing a number) gets to go next.

I'll start with a pretty easy one. Mel Gibson and Pierce Brosnan in 1 movie.

Physics news on Phys.org
See if you can get the Olsen twins.

I don't think it can be done.

If you mean the Olsen twins and Kevin bacon, hate to burst the bubble but there's only 1 degree: Kevin and Steve Guttenberg were in Diner and Steve was in It Takes Two with the Olsen twins.

As for the regular game, we're not necessarily doing 6 Degrees of Kevin bacon, but 6 Degrees between any two celebs.

daveb said:
I'll start with a pretty easy one. Mel Gibson and Pierce Brosnan in 1 movie.
Rene Russo. Lethal Weapon N (edit: N=4) and Thomas Crown

There's also something of a 0th degree separation : PB and MG were both in the short-list for playing James Bond.

Thinking of a new one...

Oops, sorry for the delay : Find two different 1 movie links between Will Smith and Kevin Costner. (I can think of three...and there's probably more big ones)

Last edited:
daveb said:
If you mean the Olsen twins and Kevin bacon, hate to burst the bubble but there's only 1 degree: Kevin and Steve Guttenberg were in Diner and Steve was in It Takes Two with the Olsen twins.

As for the regular game, we're not necessarily doing 6 Degrees of Kevin bacon, but 6 Degrees between any two celebs.

Damn, last time I played this game, that was the one that no one could get.

What is the concept of "Six Degrees of Separation"?

The concept of "Six Degrees of Separation" refers to the idea that any two people in the world are connected to each other by a chain of no more than six acquaintances.

How did the concept of "Six Degrees of Separation" originate?

The concept of "Six Degrees of Separation" was popularized by a 1990 play of the same name, written by John Guare. However, the concept has been around since the 1920s and was first studied by social psychologist Stanley Milgram in the 1960s.

Is there any scientific evidence to support the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory?

There have been various studies and experiments conducted to test the validity of the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory. One notable study was done by researchers at Columbia University in 2011, which found that on average, people are connected to each other by approximately 4.74 degrees of separation.

What factors contribute to the success of "Six Degrees of Separation"?

The success of "Six Degrees of Separation" can be attributed to factors such as the increasing interconnectedness of the world through technology and communication, the human tendency to form social networks, and the potential for serendipitous connections between individuals.

Can the concept of "Six Degrees of Separation" be applied to other fields besides social connections?

While the concept of "Six Degrees of Separation" is primarily used to describe social connections, it has also been applied to other fields such as disease transmission, economics, and even the spread of information and ideas. This concept highlights the interconnectedness of various systems and how one person's actions can have a ripple effect on others.

Back