Can't Message a Member? Solutions Here

• Thread starter Fervent Freyja
  • Start date
In summary, there are several reasons why you may be unable to send messages to a member on the platform. They may have blocked you, have private messaging settings, or there could be a technical issue. If you suspect that a member has blocked you, you can try searching for their profile. It is also possible to receive messages from a member even if you are unable to message them, unless they have also blocked you. To change your messaging settings, check your account settings and make sure that your messaging privacy settings allow messages from all members. If you are still unable to message a member, you can report the issue to the platform's support team.
Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
How can I tell if another member is "ignoring me" or if they have settings to only members they follow can message them?

I was able to send a message months ago to this member, but now it will only let me tag and then write the message, but won't send.

Physics news on Phys.org
The reject messages function is global. So it's not about you :smile:

Likes Fervent Freyja
I wish he would come back! :frown:

Likes Drakkith

1. Why am I unable to send messages to a member on the platform?

There could be several reasons for this. The member may have blocked you, or they may have their messaging settings set to private. It is also possible that there is a technical issue with the platform.

2. How do I know if a member has blocked me from messaging them?

If you are unable to send messages to a specific member, it is possible that they have blocked you. You can try searching for their profile and if you are unable to find it, it is likely that they have blocked you.

3. Can I still receive messages from a member if I can't message them?

Yes, it is possible for a member to receive messages from another member even if they are unable to send messages to them. However, if the member has also blocked you, then you will not be able to receive messages from them.

4. How can I change my messaging settings to be able to receive messages from a member?

You can check your messaging settings in your account settings. Make sure that your messaging privacy settings are set to allow messages from all members. If this is not the issue, you may need to contact the platform's support team for further assistance.

5. Is there a way to report a member for not being able to message them?

Yes, most platforms have a feature to report members for various issues. If you are unable to message a member, you can report the issue to the platform's support team and they will investigate the issue further.