Career in Aerospace/ Aerodynamics

In summary, the conversation is about someone who wants to move into Aerospace designing and is seeking advice on the future scope and necessary courses for a career in aerodynamics and CFD. They are currently working as a CAD designer in the automotive industry and are interested in exploring the Society of Automotive Engineers and the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. The conversation also mentions a forum for Aerospace Engineering and the topic of CFD.
Lokesh Mali
Hello Everybody,
I am planning to move into Aerospace designing as aerodynamics is one of my desires to work in.
Currently I am working as Design Engineer(more of CAD Designer with CAD tool- CATIA, Solid Works) for last 2 years. My current working domain is Automotive. Please guide me on Future scope in Aerodynamica and CFD as a Career tools. Also suggest on necessity of any course related to aerodynamics/CFD to move into Aerospace domain.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lokesh Mali said:
Hello Everybody,
I am planning to move into Aerospace designing as aerodynamics is one of my desires to work in.
Currently I am working as Design Engineer(more of CAD Designer with CAD tool- CATIA, Solid Works) for last 2 years. My current working domain is Automotive. Please guide me on Future scope in Aerodynamica and CFD as a Career tools. Also suggest on necessity of any course related to aerodynamics/CFD to move into Aerospace domain.

Thanks in advance.
Has one explored the Society of Automotive Engineers (www.sae.org) or the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (www.aiaa.org)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person
Thanks Greg. Nice link. Found lots of information regarding Aerospace Engineering

Guys, what about CFD?
Do u have any thread related to Aerodynamics-CFD

Lokesh Mali said:
Guys, what about CFD?
Do u have any thread related to Aerodynamics-CFD

We have an Aerospace Engineering forum.
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187

CFD is one of many topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person

Related to Career in Aerospace/ Aerodynamics

1. What is the difference between aerospace and aerodynamics?

Aerospace is a broad field that encompasses the design, development, and production of aircraft, spacecraft, and related systems. On the other hand, aerodynamics is a specific branch of aerospace engineering that focuses on the study of how air and other gases interact with moving objects, such as airplanes or rockets. In simpler terms, aerospace is the umbrella term, while aerodynamics is a subfield within it.

2. What education is required for a career in aerospace/aerodynamics?

Most entry-level positions in aerospace and aerodynamics require at least a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or a related field, such as mechanical or electrical engineering. Some employers may also prefer candidates with a graduate degree or relevant work experience.

3. What skills are important for a successful career in aerospace/aerodynamics?

Some key skills that are important for a career in aerospace and aerodynamics include strong mathematical and analytical skills, proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software, attention to detail, teamwork and communication skills, and the ability to think creatively and solve problems.

4. What types of job opportunities are available in the aerospace/aerodynamics field?

There are a variety of job opportunities available in the aerospace and aerodynamics field, including aerospace engineer, aerodynamicist, aircraft designer, flight test engineer, systems engineer, and research scientist. These roles can be found in industries such as aerospace, aviation, defense, and government agencies.

5. What are the current trends and advancements in the aerospace/aerodynamics field?

The aerospace and aerodynamics field is constantly evolving, with advancements in technology and research leading to new innovations. Some current trends and advancements include the use of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), the development of supersonic and hypersonic aircraft, and the use of advanced materials and manufacturing techniques to improve aircraft performance and efficiency. There is also a growing focus on sustainability and reducing the environmental impact of aerospace technology.