CERN Experiment: Unveiling the Mysteries of Infinite Mass and Light

• Thread starter phynewbie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cern
In summary, the CERN experiment is looking for evidence of a particle discovered by Professor Higgs. If it is found, it would prove that the theory of the singularity is correct. However, there are many risks associated with this project.
phynewbie
Hello !

I don't have questions about this experiment, i have read here on the forum and saw manny posts questions and answers but none close to my thinkings. I have read about CERN experiment and know about it for very long time ago since it started before i born. Now there are about 5000 scientists, most of them informaticians and physicists (when 5000 scientists decide doing a thing its hard to stop them). Now i don't want to make any predictions as i am not a believer in future telling but this problem is simple. They want to find out or prove the existence of a prticle discovered by a physicist professor Higgs. First time i heard about him was when i was looking on nobel prizes... What? What is light? light don't have mass, as i seen manny physicists say in here, Einstein didnt say light has no mass. So here i have a question now: How could you establish, find, decide, calculate, predict or i don't know what term to use anymore, of a body whit infinite mass? How will a body whit an infinite mass will act in our present time in our dimension, reality, space, universe? I think that a body like this whit infinite mass and speed of "speed of light" will act the same like what we call light and so we can also prove the singularity theory if it exist... i can't do this and i don't want but i make sugestions... i think more out of the box. CERN will give lot of work to scientists, lot of data to analyize and God protect us not realize a black hole which properties and our theoryes about it are more then scary. Probably here are manny people who consider themself scientists and they say they know, well i say they don't know as i don't know. I just think. Real scientists start from: i don't know! I don't know how gravity works, but I am sure there is a code for everything an algorithm some bits there... so now i really have a question about CERN: Do they really search for am infinite source of energy? If this is what they are doing then probably only chaos will stop them. :)))) Happy ending!

Physics news on Phys.org
infinite mass and/or energy

phynewbie said:
So here i have a question now: How could you establish, find, decide, calculate, predict or i don't know what term to use anymore, of a body whit infinite mass? How will a body whit an infinite mass will act in our present time in our dimension, reality, space, universe? I think that a body like this whit infinite mass and speed of "speed of light" will act the same like what we call light and so we can also prove the singularity theory if it exist...

... so now i really have a question about CERN: Do they really search for am infinite source of energy? If this is what they are doing then probably only chaos will stop them. :)))) Happy ending!

Hello phynewbie! :smile:

There's no such thng as infinite mass or infinite energy …

I think you're thinking of the infinite density at the singularity of a black hole …

the black hole has finite mass (the same mass as the star that collapsed to make it), in a zero volume, and so the density is 1/0, which is ∞. :smile:

CERN is not looking for anything with more than a few TeV (I think) of energy.

The higgs have a mass around 120-170GeV/c^2
, if it exists hehe..

ok but then what do they want to say with God's particle? Particle of God. Also black whole's, what could happen if they create one? As i know they have not run the experiment yet they rescheduled for 21 octoboer, the only things they did was calibrating the machines, magnets, microscopes? if Higgs particle have mass why photons don't have mass? what speed's travels higgs particle?

phynewbie said:
ok but then what do they want to say with God's particle? Particle of God. Also black whole's, what could happen if they create one? As i know they have not run the experiment yet they rescheduled for 21 octoboer, the only things they did was calibrating the machines, magnets, microscopes? if Higgs particle have mass why photons don't have mass? what speed's travels higgs particle?

God particle is just a funny name, it is the last piece of the Standard Model of particle physics. In the theory of Electro weak gauge theory, the interaction with the higgs field is the mechanism which gives mass to the other particles. If they find the higgs boson, then there is no more particles in the standard model to be found, a great triumph of theoretical and experimental physics.

tiny-tim

There's no such thng as infinite mass or infinite energy …

not about a black whole... Einstein sayd if a body of mass M travels the speed of light his mass and gravity also energy will take infinite values... now light have a dual behavior... 1 as particle 2 as wave... no one can decide exactly, how could you calculate or scale the mass of a photon if its infinite? isn't logically to be imposible? mathematically logically ... what is the mass of the universe? or size, i lern in high school physics that the universe is constantly growing... the mass should be in a constant grow and the same whit the size... growing whit almost speed of light. We also have 2 contradictions again left from Einstein which he didnt explain very well ... at the speed of light time is zero 0 doesn't flow anymore so for a photon takes no time to travel the distance between A to B, but it takes aproximatively 1 second to travel the distance between Earth and moon. Is there any difference between photons from the same wave lenght? I read a little from Alfred Kastler and he sayd that there is no difference between electrons, they are like identical twins or wine bottles in a winery but there is a small number serial number that make the difference and he explained this somethin like this electron is here in this position whit this speed and his trajectory and the other one is identical but have different position and other trajectory ... if electrons are not that different then what about phtons?

malawi-glen

sound very interesting... so this boson is the basic particle in subatomic structure? what is the difference between a photon and a boson? which one is bigger?

phynewbie said:
how could you calculate or scale the mass of a photon if its infinite? isn't logically to be imposible?
Einstein also said that photons have zero mass.

phynewbie said:
malawi-glen

sound very interesting... so this boson is the basic particle in subatomic structure? what is the difference between a photon and a boson? which one is bigger?

a photon is a type of boson. "gauge boson"

1. What is the purpose of the CERN experiment?

The CERN experiment aims to unravel the mysteries surrounding the concepts of infinite mass and light. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws of the universe and explore the nature of matter, energy, and the forces that govern them.

2. How does the CERN experiment work?

The CERN experiment involves colliding particles at high speeds in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to recreate the conditions of the early universe. The results of these collisions are then analyzed by a team of scientists using sophisticated detectors and computer simulations.

3. What has the CERN experiment discovered so far?

The CERN experiment has made several groundbreaking discoveries, including the Higgs boson particle, which gives mass to all particles in the universe. It has also provided evidence for the existence of dark matter, a mysterious substance that makes up about 85% of the universe's mass.

4. What are the potential implications of the CERN experiment's findings?

The findings of the CERN experiment have the potential to revolutionize our understanding of the universe. They can help us develop new technologies, improve our understanding of the origin of the universe and its evolution, and possibly even lead to new discoveries and inventions.

5. Are there any risks associated with the CERN experiment?

The CERN experiment is conducted with strict safety protocols in place to ensure the well-being of both humans and the environment. The LHC has been designed with multiple layers of protection, and any potential risks are carefully evaluated and mitigated before any experiments are conducted.