Check My Work: 100kg Mass Moving in a Straight Line

In summary, the conversation discusses the determination of the speed of an object with a mass of 100.00kg moving under the influence of a force given by F(t)=(120 N/s)t+4000N at t=5.00s. The individual used the formula V=(F▲T)/M to calculate the speed, but there is a suggestion to use the average force instead of the strongest or weakest force.
positive infinity
I was wondering if someone could check my work and see if its correct.

An object of mass 100.00kg moves in a straight line under the influence of a force given by F(t)=(120 N/s)t+4000N
At t=0 it is moving at 0 m/s. Determine its speed at t=5.00 s

What i did is this. I plugged 5s into the function and got 4600N. Then i used F▲V=M▲V arranged to V=(F▲T)/M
V=(4600N X 5.00s)/100.0kg
V=230. M/S

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex] \int_{0}^{5} (120t + 4000)dt = m \int_{0}^{v} dv [/tex]

I hope that you meant F ▲t = m ▲v ... which DOES lead to ▲V = (F▲t)/m .
. . . ("change" symbols in an equation should ALWAYS balance) . . .

But why would you use the strongest Force in the 5-second duration?
Why not use the weakest Force, instead? . . . why not use the AVERAGE ?
. . . (ALWAYS multiply one's full range by the other's average) . . .

Related to Check My Work: 100kg Mass Moving in a Straight Line

1. What is the formula for calculating the force of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line?

The formula for calculating the force of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line is F = m x a, where F is the force, m is the mass, and a is the acceleration.

2. How do I calculate the acceleration of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line?

The acceleration of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line can be calculated using the formula a = F/m, where a is the acceleration, F is the force, and m is the mass.

3. What units are used to measure the force and mass of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line?

The force and mass of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line are typically measured in newtons (N) and kilograms (kg), respectively.

4. How can I determine the velocity of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line?

The velocity of a 100kg mass moving in a straight line can be determined using the formula v = u + at, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time.

5. Is there a difference between mass and weight in this scenario?

Yes, there is a difference between mass and weight in this scenario. Mass refers to the amount of matter an object contains, while weight is a measure of the force of gravity acting on an object. In this case, the mass of the object is 100kg, but its weight may vary depending on the acceleration due to gravity in a specific location.