What are the job prospects for a control systems or electric power engineer?

In summary, as a first year student at the Faculty of Electronics in Serbia, you are faced with choosing between control system (automation) and electric power as your direction of study. It is important to consider the job market in your local area and where you plan to work in the future. Consulting with your professors and researching job opportunities can help you make an informed decision.
zeljkodj2000
Hello, I am a first year student at the Faculty of Electronics in Serbia. In October, I have to choose the direction, I am hesitant between control system(automation) and electric power. What should I choose, what is more promising, where are the higher salaries...

Physics news on Phys.org
zeljkodj2000 said:
Hello, I am a first year student at the Faculty of Electronics in Serbia. In October, I have to choose the direction, I am hesitant between control system(automation) and electric power. What should I choose, what is more promising, where are the higher salaries...
<<Emphasis added>> The answer to that question will be strongly dependent on the local job market. If you plan on staying in Serbia, you should ask your professors whether they have ties to local industry and, if so, what their outlook is. If you plan to leave Serbia, you will need to identify where you plan to work.

Likes CalcNerd and Vanadium 50
This may give you some ideas.
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=control%20systems%20engineer&l=
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=electric%20power%20engineer&l=

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a course in college?

When choosing a course in college, you should consider your interests, skills, and career goals. It's important to choose a course that aligns with your passions and strengths, as this will make it more enjoyable and easier for you to excel in. You should also research the job prospects and earning potential of the course you are considering.

2. How do I know which course is right for me?

To determine which course is right for you, you can take career assessments, speak with an academic advisor, and attend college fairs and information sessions. It's also helpful to talk to current students or alumni of the course you are considering to gain insight into their experiences.

3. Can I change my course after I have already started college?

It is possible to change your course after starting college, but it may delay your graduation and incur additional costs. It's important to carefully consider your decision and consult with an academic advisor before making any changes.

4. How can I ensure that the course I choose will prepare me for my desired career?

To ensure that the course you choose will prepare you for your desired career, you should research the curriculum and course offerings to see if they align with the skills and knowledge required for your desired career. You can also reach out to professionals in your desired field to gain insight into the skills and education they look for in job candidates.

5. What should I do if I am undecided about which course to choose?

If you are undecided about which course to choose, you can take general education courses in your first year of college to explore different subjects and determine your interests. You can also speak with an academic advisor and attend career counseling sessions to gain guidance and clarity in your decision-making process.