Circuits II, can someone check my equations ? Phasor Mesh Analysis

In summary, the conversation is about a problem involving nodal analysis and the correct solution, which the book does not seem to match. The equations and solutions are provided, but the book's answer is still different. It is determined that the book's solution is incorrect and the correct values for the components are suggested. The person is relieved to have their suspicions confirmed.
thecake
EDIT I mean nodal, not mesh analysis xD

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5931/omgt.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2570/omg2p.jpg

Are my are my equations correct?

Here is the solution according to wolfram!
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...v2/(i*2*2)+(v2-v1)/(1/(2*i*0.2))+(v2-3v1)/4=0

or

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...++b*0.25+++b*0.15*i++-+a+*0.75+-+a*0.4*i++=+0

but it still doesn't match the book's answer, I am not sure what's wrong :(

help please

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nodal analysis not mesh analysis :),

Anyone?

Your equations look correct, and I get the same solution you did. This is apparently one of those cases where the book has a wrong solution.

I allowed Mathematica to search for component values that would give the solution from the book. Setting the inductor to 3H and the capacitor to .3F came close.

The Electrician said:
Your equations look correct, and I get the same solution you did. This is apparently one of those cases where the book has a wrong solution.

I allowed Mathematica to search for component values that would give the solution from the book. Setting the inductor to 3H and the capacitor to .3F came close.

Thanks, you have confirmed what I have suspected :D, I have literally spent hours trying to figure out who's wrong, me or the book.

I cannot provide a direct answer to your question without knowing the specific equations and problem that you are trying to solve. However, based on the provided information and links, it appears that you are solving a circuit analysis problem using nodal analysis. It is important to double check your equations and make sure they are correct before comparing them to the solution provided by Wolfram Alpha or the textbook. One common mistake in nodal analysis is not properly labeling the nodes or assigning the correct reference node. Another potential issue could be using incorrect values for the circuit elements. I would suggest reviewing your equations and checking for any errors or inconsistencies. If you are still having trouble, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a teacher or tutor.

1. What is Circuits II?

Circuits II is a course in electrical engineering that builds upon the fundamentals of Circuits I. It covers advanced topics such as phasor analysis, mesh analysis, and network theorems.

2. What is Phasor Mesh Analysis?

Phasor Mesh Analysis is a method used to analyze AC circuits using phasor diagrams and mesh equations. It is based on the concept of impedance and is commonly used to find currents and voltages in complex circuits.

3. How do I check my equations in Circuits II?

The best way to check your equations in Circuits II is to use simulation software such as SPICE or MATLAB. These programs can validate your calculations and provide accurate results.

4. Can someone else check my equations in Circuits II?

Yes, it is always a good idea to have someone else check your equations in Circuits II to ensure accuracy. You can ask a classmate, a tutor, or your professor for help.

5. How can I improve my understanding of Circuits II and Phasor Mesh Analysis?

To improve your understanding of Circuits II and Phasor Mesh Analysis, it is important to practice solving problems and to review concepts regularly. You can also seek help from your professor or attend study groups to clarify any doubts you may have.