Climate skeptics according to faculty and/or degree?

In summary, the conversation was about finding statistics or research on the presence of climate skeptics in different university faculties and their level of degree. The person asking the question was directed to contact Senator James Inhofe's office for potential resources. However, it was mentioned that it may be difficult to find this information due to the lack of a universal definition of "climate skeptic". The conversation ended with the reminder that discussions on climate should follow certain rules and the thread was closed.
Aidyan
I'm looking for a survey, research or some statistics that shows in which university faculty climate skeptics are more or less present. Same for level of degree. I found only some according to the political orientation but nothing about the above. Did I miss something? If so, can you please direct me to such a poll?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I suggest that you contact Senator James Inhofe office. I feel certain they have hypothetical lists. Maybe the RNC.

I think you will have a hard time finding that because there is not a universal definition of "climate skeptic". Is it someone who thinks humanity has no influence on climate? Someone who thinks the effect is at the lower level of the model predictions? Someone who thinks the models are oversimplified? Someone who believes there was ice in the arctic post 2013? Someone who believes it all but votes for the wrong guy?

Likes russ_watters, Evo, jim mcnamara and 3 others
We don't have this information, and discussions of this sort are not in line with our rules on Climate discussion. The thread is closed.

Likes berkeman

1. What is the definition of a climate skeptic?

A climate skeptic is someone who doubts or questions the scientific consensus on climate change and the role of human activities in causing it.

2. Do all faculty members with degrees in science believe in climate change?

No, there are some faculty members with degrees in science who are climate skeptics. However, the majority of scientists and experts in the field of climate science agree that climate change is happening and is largely caused by human activities.

3. What is the most common argument used by climate skeptics?

The most common argument used by climate skeptics is that the Earth's climate has always changed and that current changes are just a natural variation. However, scientific evidence shows that the current rate and extent of climate change is unprecedented and cannot be explained by natural causes alone.

4. Are there any reputable scientists who are climate skeptics?

There are some reputable scientists who are climate skeptics, but they are a minority within the scientific community. The vast majority of climate scientists and experts agree that climate change is real and is caused by human activities.

5. How do climate skeptics explain the overwhelming evidence for climate change?

Climate skeptics often argue that the evidence for climate change is exaggerated or manipulated by scientists for political or financial gain. However, the evidence for climate change is supported by multiple lines of research and has been independently verified by scientists around the world.