Cloud Atlas (not the movie) Gets an Update

In summary, "Cloud Atlas" is a novel by David Mitchell that tells six interconnected stories spanning time and space. The book is getting an update, which includes corrections and revisions by the author to improve the reading experience. The update will not affect the core story or plot, and will benefit both new readers and existing fans. There may be minor changes to the cover or design, but the focus is on the text itself.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Newly described clouds (also here) have been added to the International Cloud Atlas.

I have always found clouds kind of fascinating, especially when viewed from airplanes.
Didn't even know there was a cloud atlas.

Likes johnbbahm, Charles Kottler, davenn and 3 others
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I had read about that, I'm glad you posted it.

BillTre said:
Newly described clouds (also here) have been added to the International Cloud Atlas.

I have always found clouds kind of fascinating, especially when viewed from airplanes.
Didn't even know there was a cloud atlas.

nor did I ... thanks for the links :smile:

1. What is "Cloud Atlas" and why is it getting an update?

"Cloud Atlas" is a novel written by David Mitchell, first published in 2004. It tells six interconnected stories that span across time and space. The update is a new edition of the book, which includes corrections and revisions by the author.

2. What changes can we expect in the updated version of "Cloud Atlas"?

The update includes corrections to errors and typos found in the previous edition. Additionally, David Mitchell has made some revisions to the text, mainly to clarify certain aspects of the story and improve the overall reading experience.

3. Will the updated version of "Cloud Atlas" affect the overall story or plot?

No, the core story and plot of "Cloud Atlas" will remain unchanged in the updated version. The revisions and corrections made by the author are minor and do not significantly alter the overall narrative.

4. Who will benefit from the updated version of "Cloud Atlas"?

The updated version of "Cloud Atlas" will benefit both new readers and existing fans of the book. New readers will have access to a more polished and error-free version of the story, while fans of the book can revisit it with the added insights and revisions from the author.

5. Will there be any changes to the cover or design of the updated version of "Cloud Atlas"?

There may be some changes to the cover or design of the updated version, but they will likely be minor. The focus of the update is on the text itself, and any changes to the cover or design will not significantly impact the reading experience.