Code language for editing PDF files

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to edit 24 PDF files by either deleting the first page or scanning for and deleting specific text. The individual asks for recommendations on the most convenient coding language for this task and expresses their experience with C++, MatLab, and command line. They also mention an interest in learning web crawling and ask for resources. Suggestions for using JavaScript or Python for web crawling are given, along with a resource for using BeautifulSoup for web scraping. It is also noted that using the editor or previewer may be the fastest option for deleting the first page of each file.
linag96
I have around ~24 PDF files I want to edit. I want to delete the first page of each file OR scan for certain text in the file/delete the text (whichever implementation is easier). What would be the most convenient and straight forward coding language to do this with and what would be my starting guide to creating this program?
I am an amateur coder, I love learning coding. I have about 4 months of experience with C++. I used a lot of MatLab last year for my math classes, I also learned some command line. I'm open to learning anything new. Thank you for your help.

Technology news on Phys.org
Like web crawling (or scraping)?

If you are viewing them in browser i guess using Javascript would be the best way to crawl. If not, probably Python.

Some interesting resources here and http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politicsdatalab/localdata/workshops/BeautifulSoup.pdf.

However if you only want to delete the first page of each, then the editor or previewer you are using to view them will likely be the fastest way.

1. What is a code language for editing PDF files?

A code language for editing PDF files is a programming language that is used to manipulate, modify, and extract content from PDF documents. It allows for more precise and efficient editing of PDF files compared to manual editing with a PDF editor.

2. What are some examples of code languages for editing PDF files?

Some examples of code languages for editing PDF files include JavaScript, Java, C#, Python, and Ruby. These languages have libraries and frameworks specifically designed for working with PDF documents.

3. Is there a specific code language that is best for editing PDF files?

There is no one specific code language that is considered the best for editing PDF files. It ultimately depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Some languages may be more suitable for certain tasks while others may have more comprehensive libraries for working with PDF files.

4. Do I need to have a background in computer programming to use a code language for editing PDF files?

Yes, a basic understanding of computer programming is necessary to use a code language for editing PDF files. It requires knowledge of coding concepts such as variables, functions, and loops. However, there are many resources and tutorials available online for beginners to learn these languages.

5. Can I use a code language to edit any part of a PDF file?

Yes, a code language can be used to edit any part of a PDF file, including text, images, and formatting. It allows for more precise and customizable editing compared to using a PDF editor. However, some advanced features such as adding digital signatures may require specific libraries or plugins to be implemented.