Comet Impact on Earth May 25th - Is It True?

• Thread starter mohlam12
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comet
In summary, the conversation discusses a supposed comet that will hit Earth on May 25th, causing a mega tsunami. The link provided is not considered credible and there is skepticism about the validity of the claim. Suggestions for identifying obvious crackpots are also mentioned, along with links to reliable sources for debunking false information.
mohlam12
Hey everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but here, it says that a commet will hit Earth on my 25th (in 4 days), and exactly, the atlantic ocean. That means, it will cause a mega tsunami... Everyone is talking about that here in Morocco (since "we are the first ones to be hit") Can anyone provide any scientific explanation to that ? is it true at all ?
Here is the link : http://exodus2006.com/cometfrags/Eric-Julien-25-MAY.htm
If you use google and search for "tsunami may 25th", you'll get a lots of results, and forums talking about that.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
An article that cites crop circles as evidence for an alien invasion and a meteor strike isn't exactly what I would call credible.

I think we need to start a FAQ for our members about "how to identify obvious crackpots". In my opinion, it's an essential skill to be able to identify crazy nonsense as such, and not spend hours worrying about what some anonymous netuser wrote from his basement iMac.

Rach3 said:
I think we need to start a FAQ for our members about "how to identify obvious crackpots". In my opinion, it's an essential skill to be able to identify crazy nonsense as such, and not spend hours worrying about what some anonymous netuser wrote from his basement iMac.

http://www.badastronomy.com/

thats always a good one

http://www.quackwatch.org/

a lot of health-related things but still a good anti-crackpot site.

Related to Comet Impact on Earth May 25th - Is It True?

1. What is the likelihood of a comet impacting Earth on May 25th?

The likelihood of a comet impacting Earth on May 25th is extremely low. Scientists have not detected any comets on a collision course with Earth during this time period.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the claim of a comet impact on May 25th?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. The claim is likely based on false information or a misunderstanding of scientific data.

3. What would be the potential consequences of a comet impact on Earth?

A comet impact on Earth could have catastrophic consequences, including widespread destruction, tsunamis, and changes in the Earth's climate. However, the chances of a comet impacting Earth are very low and there is no evidence to suggest that this will occur on May 25th.

4. How do scientists track and predict comet trajectories?

Scientists use telescopes and other instruments to track the movement of comets and gather data on their trajectories. This data is then used to make predictions about the future path of a comet and potential impacts on Earth.

5. What should we do if a comet is predicted to impact Earth?

If a comet were to be predicted on a collision course with Earth, scientists would alert the public and work with government agencies to create a plan for mitigating the impact. However, as stated before, the chances of this happening on May 25th are extremely low and there is currently no known comet on a collision course with Earth.