Computational Physics Simulations

In summary, the author is interested in learning computational physics and is having difficulty finding the right language for simulations. He found that Python is slightly more efficient for some computations, but found that there are modules that will allow for 3d simulations in Python. He is interested in learning more about stokes law and other aspects of fluid mechanics through simulations, but is having difficulty finding information. He is unsure if Python is the right language for these simulations, but suggests that someone new to simulations might want to look into it.
Taylor_1989
TL;DR Summary
Advice on programing languages for computational physics
I am currently learning python and c++ and interested in the near distant future on exploring some computational physics simulations. But have seem to hit a road block. I have just finished my undergrad in physics and have some time to explore physics concepts that were never really cleared up during my undergrad. My issue is what language is best for simulations.

The areas in which I am most interested in exploring is Fluid mechanics specially flow of fluids around objects and vector fields and in generally learning more about stokes law and other aspects of fluid mechanics through simulations.

My other interests are Lagrange and Hamiltonian mechanics and eventually moving into quantum mechanics.

From what I have read from the internet, python is slightly more efficient for numerical computations tho there are modules that will allow for 3d simulations in python, C++ seem to be preferred.

Looking more into 3d simulations and building fluid models C++ seem to be best but there a lot of stuff that I can't seem to follow, as there 2D and 3D engines, parallel computing, different graphics libraries and I can't seem to get a handle where to start?Could anyone lend some advice on how someone new to computational physics simulations, how to go about learning a building these simulations.
Is python worth exploring for 3D simulations or is C++ way to go and maybe could some please explain what parallel computing is in laymends terms beacuse my internet search on this seem to give differnt examples which confuse me, and what is the benfits to parallel computing.

Technology news on Phys.org
Well there's a book by Gould, Tobochnik and Christian called An Introduction to Computer Simulation Methods.

The examples are in Java and the they provide the source code for them at:

www.compadre.org/osp

Likes Taylor_1989

What is Computational Physics Simulation?

Computational Physics Simulation is the use of computer algorithms and mathematical models to simulate and analyze physical systems and phenomena that would be difficult or impossible to study experimentally.

What are the benefits of using Computational Physics Simulation?

Computational Physics Simulation allows scientists to study complex physical systems in a controlled and efficient manner. It also allows for the prediction and analysis of physical phenomena that would be difficult or impossible to observe in a laboratory setting.

What are the limitations of Computational Physics Simulation?

One limitation of Computational Physics Simulation is that it relies on the accuracy of the mathematical models and algorithms used. Additionally, simulations can be computationally expensive and require a significant amount of computing power.

What are some common applications of Computational Physics Simulation?

Some common applications of Computational Physics Simulation include studying fluid dynamics, quantum mechanics, and astrophysics. It is also used in industries such as aerospace, engineering, and materials science.

What skills are necessary to perform Computational Physics Simulations?

To perform Computational Physics Simulations, one must have a strong background in physics, mathematics, and computer programming. Knowledge of numerical methods and data analysis techniques is also essential.