Confused About Acceleration Vector Direction on Test

In summary, acceleration vector direction is the direction in which an object is accelerating, represented by an arrow. It is important because it helps us understand motion and calculate acceleration. It is determined by the change in velocity over time and can change if the object's velocity changes. It is different from velocity vector direction, which represents the direction of motion at a specific moment in time.
november1992

Homework Statement

This was a question on my test. I had to choose the direction of the acceleration vector for each position. I was wondering if I chose the correct answers.
2pytaut.png

Homework Equations

a = gsinθ

Ʃ[itex]F_{y}[/itex] = [itex]N_{1S}[/itex]( normal force) - [itex]W_{1E}[/itex] ( weight force)

The Attempt at a Solution

for position one I picked 4
for position two I picked none (there was an option for that)
for position three i picked 3

Physics news on Phys.org
The answers you gave look right to me.

Yup, I agree with Villyer, they appear right to me as well. :-)

Related to Confused About Acceleration Vector Direction on Test

1. What is acceleration vector direction?

Acceleration vector direction refers to the direction in which an object is accelerating. It is represented by an arrow pointing in the direction of acceleration.

2. Why is acceleration vector direction important?

Acceleration vector direction is important because it helps us understand the direction of motion of an object. It also allows us to calculate the magnitude and direction of acceleration, which is essential in studying the motion of objects.

3. How is acceleration vector direction determined?

Acceleration vector direction is determined by the direction of the change in velocity over time. If an object is speeding up, the acceleration vector will point in the same direction as the velocity vector. If an object is slowing down, the acceleration vector will point in the opposite direction of the velocity vector.

4. Can acceleration vector direction change?

Yes, acceleration vector direction can change if the object is experiencing a change in its velocity. For example, if an object is moving in a circular path, its velocity and acceleration vectors will constantly change direction.

5. How is acceleration vector direction different from velocity vector direction?

Acceleration vector direction refers to the direction of change in velocity, while velocity vector direction refers to the direction an object is moving in at a specific moment in time. In other words, acceleration vector direction represents the change in direction of motion, while velocity vector direction represents the direction of motion itself.