Connect two objects with visible light

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of cones to mark the boundary in cricket and the resulting confrontations due to limited cone availability. The suggestion is made to connect two cones using visible light, either through sunlight reflecting or LED lights. Another solution proposed is using a hawk-eye type technology or a thick rope. The speaker is open to other solutions and requests a detailed plan for connecting two cricket boundary cones.
Ankur Shah
Hey!

I play cricket as a hobby, we have to mark the boundary.
And we use cones to mark it(http://www.rkme.com/wp-content/uploads/product/cricket/CPR-08.jpg)
Having it in limited number results in confrontation whether it is out of boundary or not.

I am looking for solution for you guys.
According to me possible solution can be, connecting two cones with visible light.
Which can be done using:
1. Sunlight reflecting
2. LED lights

Unfortunately I am not physics pro, so don't know how to go ahead with that.

I am open to other solutions too.
I appreciate detailed plan on how we can connect two cricket boundary cones.

waiting...

Best Regards.

Science news on Phys.org
Ankur Shah said:
Hey!

I play cricket as a hobby, we have to mark the boundary.
And we use cones to mark it(http://www.rkme.com/wp-content/uploads/product/cricket/CPR-08.jpg)
Having it in limited number results in confrontation whether it is out of boundary or not.

I am looking for solution for you guys.
According to me possible solution can be, connecting two cones with visible light.
Which can be done using:
1. Sunlight reflecting
2. LED lights

Unfortunately I am not physics pro, so don't know how to go ahead with that.

I am open to other solutions too.
I appreciate detailed plan on how we can connect two cricket boundary cones.

waiting...

Best Regards.

Maybe you could use a hawk-eye type thing, like they do in football (goal-line technology)

Some clubs use a thick rope to mark the boundary. This cause a ball rolling on the ground to be kicked up giving s clear indication that it reached the boundary.

1. How does connecting two objects with visible light work?

Connecting two objects with visible light involves using a light source, such as a laser, to transmit light waves between the two objects. The light waves carry information and this information is received and processed by the objects, allowing for communication or interaction between them.

2. What are the advantages of connecting two objects with visible light?

There are several advantages to using visible light for connecting objects. Firstly, visible light does not interfere with other wireless signals, making it a more reliable form of communication. Additionally, visible light has a higher bandwidth than other forms of wireless communication, allowing for faster data transfer. Visible light also has low power consumption and is less prone to security breaches.

3. What types of objects can be connected with visible light?

Visible light can be used to connect a wide range of objects, including electronic devices, sensors, and even living cells. As long as the object is equipped with a light source and a receiver, it can be connected using visible light technology.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to connecting two objects with visible light?

One potential drawback of using visible light for connection is that it requires a direct line of sight between the two objects. This means that any obstruction, such as a wall or object, can disrupt the connection. Additionally, visible light cannot travel through solid objects, limiting its range compared to other forms of wireless communication.

5. How is visible light used for connecting objects in real-world applications?

Visible light technology is already being used in various real-world applications, such as indoor positioning systems, Li-Fi (light fidelity) internet, and smart lighting systems. It is also being explored for use in medical devices, underwater communication, and secure data transfer.