Connecting simElectronic blocks -- get red dotted line

• Thread starter Fatima Hasan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blocks Line
In summary, connecting simElectronic blocks allows for the creation of simulated electronic systems for testing and studying. This is done using a connecting tool in the simulation software or physically with wires. A red dotted line indicates an incomplete connection that may need to be adjusted or checked for errors. SimElectronic blocks must be connected in a specific order for proper signal and current flow, typically following the direction of arrows or a circuit diagram. Troubleshooting connection issues may involve using the correct tool and order, checking for block errors, or seeking assistance from a more experienced scientist.
Fatima Hasan

Homework Statement

2.png
[/B]
Use MATLAB to find the current flowing through 2Ω resistance

Homework Equations

-

The Attempt at a Solution

Here's my work :
1.png

The DC voltage sources won't connect to the resistances , I get a red dotted line.
Where am I doing wrong ?
Your help is appreciated .

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    9 KB · Views: 630
  • 1.png
    1.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 658
Physics news on Phys.org
It is quite late, but I will help somehow. You had chosen two different libraries. So if you want to use both, you should find a 'converter', otherwise just keep your project in one library, as I did. It

1564127735326.png

Likes berkeman

1. Why is there a red dotted line when connecting simElectronic blocks?

The red dotted line indicates a connection error between the blocks. This can be caused by a variety of issues, such as incorrect placement of the blocks, incompatible block types, or a malfunctioning block.

2. How can I fix a red dotted line when connecting simElectronic blocks?

First, make sure that the blocks are placed correctly and that they are compatible with each other. If the issue persists, try restarting the simulation or replacing the malfunctioning block.

3. Does the color of the dotted line have any significance?

The color of the dotted line does not have any specific meaning. It is simply used as a visual indicator of a connection error between the simElectronic blocks.

4. Is there a way to prevent red dotted lines from appearing when connecting simElectronic blocks?

To prevent red dotted lines, carefully read the instructions for connecting the blocks and ensure that the blocks are compatible with each other. Also, regularly check the blocks for any malfunctions.

5. Can I still run the simulation with a red dotted line between blocks?

In most cases, the simulation will not run properly with a red dotted line between blocks. It is best to troubleshoot and fix the connection error before running the simulation to ensure accurate results.