Connection between Cybernetics and Divine Proportion

• Thread starter Radix
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Connection
In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery of something unique to mathematics through a webpage that explains how Phi can be applied. However, there is doubt about the significance of this discovery and criticism of the webpage's content, including confusion about positive and negative feedback. Despite this, the person claims that regardless of the type of feedback, Phi can still be obtained through different measurements.
Radix
I think I may have discovered something unique to mathematics. I made a (sloppy) webpage to explain:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/cybernetics/

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I doubt it's anything big, but I guess it's pretty neat that Phi can be applied again.

It just doesn't seem you proved it for the general case.

So far, it's only a conjecture.

Radix said:
I think I may have discovered something unique to mathematics. I made a (sloppy) webpage to explain:

What pure nonsense, surely this is a joke right?. The relative size of those cascading images you got when you pointed your webcam at your monitor are simply a function of the relative size of the camera's field of view and the size of the screen.

Also you don't even know the difference between +ive and -ive feedback. When you point the camera at the screen it's actually positive feedback, not negative as you claim. Positive feedback doesn't necessarily lead to a system that blows up exponentially, if the loop gain is less than one then positive feedback systems are also stable. Also negative feedback system don't necessarily oscillate, there is so much rubbish on that page it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
regardless of whether its positive or negative you still get phi. I've done it more than once using different angles with different measurements. The size of my monitor or the field of view of my camera have nothing to do with it. Try it yourself and you will get phi also.

Related to Connection between Cybernetics and Divine Proportion

1. What is cybernetics?

Cybernetics is a scientific interdisciplinary approach that studies the structure, function, and control of complex systems. It involves the study of communication and control processes in both living organisms and machines.

2. What is the divine proportion?

The divine proportion, also known as the golden ratio, is a mathematical ratio of approximately 1.618, which has been found to be aesthetically pleasing to the human eye. It has been used in various forms of art, architecture, and design for centuries.

3. How are cybernetics and the divine proportion connected?

Cybernetics and the divine proportion are connected through the concept of self-regulation. Cybernetic systems, whether biological or mechanical, use feedback loops to maintain balance and reach a desired state. This is similar to how the divine proportion is used in design to create balance and harmony.

4. Can the divine proportion be found in cybernetic systems?

Yes, the divine proportion can be found in various aspects of cybernetic systems. For example, in the structure of DNA molecules, the branching of blood vessels, and the arrangement of leaves on a plant stem. These systems have evolved to optimize efficiency, which aligns with the principles of the divine proportion.

5. How can the connection between cybernetics and the divine proportion be applied in the real world?

The connection between cybernetics and the divine proportion can be applied in various fields such as design, architecture, and engineering. It can also be used in the development of artificial intelligence and robotics to create more efficient and balanced systems. Additionally, understanding this connection can also help us better understand and improve natural systems, such as the human body.