Controlled chemical pressurization formula

In summary: I feel like in today’s world there must be an easier way to charge these bottles.In summary, Wildbeeman suggests using a controlled 2 part (or more) chemical reaction to create a repeatable inert gas pressure when using a known volume of bottles. He is looking for feedback on a possible solution.
Wildbeeman
TL;DR Summary
Looking for an inert gas chemical reaction formula to pressurize vessels of a known volume to a specific pressure
I have spent years physically charging high pressure bottles with multi staged bicycle pumps and spent large sums of money on electric high pressure air pumps not unlike a scuba tank air compressor.

Pressure’s can be as high as 4500 PSI .
The pressurized bottles are usually 300 to 500 cc’s.
I imagine using a controlled 2 part (or more) chemical reaction that would cause a repeatable inert gas pressure when used in a bottle with a known volume.

I’m thinking in terms of a formula that amount of X when mixed with amount of R will pressurize a 500cc bottle to 4500 psi.
An instant rise in pressure would be undesirable due to safety concerns however may still be usable.

I’m interested in hearing any feedback that will help in my quest to find a solution .
Thank you
Wildbeeman

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

The true inert gasses don't undergo chemical reactions, which is why they are inert. So the gas must be non-reactive with the bottle material. What is that material?

To what range of temperature will the bottle be subjected?

Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.

The true inert gasses don't undergo chemical reactions, which is why they are inert. So the gas must be non-reactive with the bottle material. What is that material?

To what range of temperature will the bottle be subjected?
Thank you for responding
The bottles are made of various materials aluminum ,titanium ,SS and carbon fiber
Some even use brass. Their are orings envolved as well.
All manner of ambient temperatures not to much above 100 F or below -10 and more like 50 to 90 F

Wildbeeman said:
The bottles are made of various materials aluminum ,titanium ,SS and carbon fiber
Some even use brass. Their are orings envolved as well.
There are still too many unknowns in the necessary reasoning.
Why do you need to maintain pressure in these different material bottles?

The pressure in the bottles is decreased as it is used so the pressure will decrease to say 2500 from 3600 (just an example) no one takes the bottle pressure all the way down to 0 . The bottles must be recharged back to 3600 from 2500
Most bottles are made of steel or aluminum. But carbon fiber is becoming more popular.
I feel like in today’s world there must be an easier way to charge these bottles.
I mentioned inert gas.
Not looking for anything combustible, corrosive or poisonous.

1. What is a controlled chemical pressurization formula?

A controlled chemical pressurization formula is a specific combination of chemicals and reactions that can be used to increase or decrease the pressure within a confined space. This formula is carefully designed to achieve a desired level of pressure without causing any unwanted side effects.

2. How is a controlled chemical pressurization formula different from other methods of pressurization?

Unlike other methods of pressurization, such as mechanical or thermal methods, a controlled chemical pressurization formula allows for precise and controlled adjustments to the pressure levels. This makes it a more versatile and efficient option for many applications.

3. What are some common uses for a controlled chemical pressurization formula?

A controlled chemical pressurization formula can be used in a variety of industries and applications, including pharmaceuticals, food and beverage production, aerospace engineering, and chemical manufacturing. It can also be used for research purposes in laboratory settings.

4. How is the safety of a controlled chemical pressurization formula ensured?

The safety of a controlled chemical pressurization formula is ensured through careful testing and quality control measures. Before being used in any application, the formula must undergo rigorous testing to ensure it meets safety standards and does not pose any risks to human health or the environment.

5. Can a controlled chemical pressurization formula be customized for specific needs?

Yes, a controlled chemical pressurization formula can be customized to meet specific needs and requirements. This can include adjusting the pressure levels, choosing specific chemicals or reactions, and incorporating any necessary safety measures. It is important to consult with a trained professional when customizing a formula for a specific application.