Convert 0.1 M Pyridine to mL: Easy Step-by-Step Guide

• Chemistry
  • Thread starter cheesycheese
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses converting between units of concentration and volume, specifically 0.1M pyridine and mL. The person is trying to calculate how many mL of pyridine are needed to create a 0.1M solution and the suggested path is to first determine the volume and concentration of the solution, then use that information to calculate the number of moles of the substance, and finally the mass and volume of the substance itself.
cheesycheese
Homework Statement
I need to convert 0.1 M of pyridine to mL.
Molecular mass of pyridine is 79.1 g/mol. Density is 0.978 g/mL
Relevant Equations
C=n/v

Physics news on Phys.org
The question makes no sense. Molarity is a unit of concentration and mL is a unit of volume. You can’t convert one into the other.

Perhaps you mean a certain volume of 0.1M pyridine contains how many mL of pyridine?

chemisttree said:
Perhaps you mean a certain volume of 0.1M pyridine contains how many mL of pyridine?
yes. How do i do that? thanks

Try again. What question, exactly are you hoping to answer?

0.1M Pyridine

0.1 (moles/liter) pyridine

0.1 (moles/(1000*mL)) pyridine

Are you trying to calculate how many ml of pyridine you need to disolve in a given volume of a solvent to get 0.1M solution?

Assuming I guess correctly what you are trying to do path to follow is: volume & concentration of the solution → number of moles of the substance → mass of the substance → volume of the substance itself.

Likes chemisttree

1. How do I convert 0.1 M Pyridine to mL?

To convert 0.1 M Pyridine to mL, you will need to know the molar mass of Pyridine, which is 79.10 g/mol. Then, use the formula Molarity = moles of solute / liters of solution to calculate the number of moles of Pyridine in 0.1 M solution. Finally, use the formula Volume = moles of solute / molarity to convert moles to mL.

2. What is the molar mass of Pyridine?

The molar mass of Pyridine is 79.10 g/mol.

3. What is the formula for calculating molarity?

The formula for calculating molarity is Molarity = moles of solute / liters of solution.

4. How do I calculate the number of moles of Pyridine in 0.1 M solution?

To calculate the number of moles of Pyridine in 0.1 M solution, you can use the formula Molarity = moles of solute / liters of solution. Rearrange the formula to solve for moles of solute, and then plug in the values of 0.1 M for molarity and the volume of your solution in liters.

5. Can you provide a step-by-step guide for converting 0.1 M Pyridine to mL?

Sure, here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Determine the molar mass of Pyridine, which is 79.10 g/mol.
2. Calculate the number of moles of Pyridine in 0.1 M solution using the formula Molarity = moles of solute / liters of solution.
3. Rearrange the formula to solve for moles of solute, and plug in the values of 0.1 M for molarity and the volume of your solution in liters.
4. Use the formula Volume = moles of solute / molarity to convert moles to mL.
5. Multiply the calculated volume in mL by the desired concentration to obtain the final volume of Pyridine needed in mL.