Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences Aug 25-29

• Thread starter jal
  • Start date
In summary, the Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences aim to bring together scientists from various fields to promote collaboration and exchange of ideas on cosmology and emergent gravity. The conferences are open to all interested scientists, but registration is required. Topics covered will include dark matter, black holes, quantum gravity, and the origins of the universe, as well as recent developments in these fields. There will also be keynote speakers who are experts in these areas. To present research at the conferences, one must submit an abstract through the conference website and be accepted by the organizing committee.
jal
There are the following two conferences happening this week.

Cosmo08
http://agenda.hep.wisc.edu/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=103
========
Emergent Gravity
August 25-29 2008
http://www.rle.mit.edu/emergent/program.htm
========
Do they have any live feed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't find a live feed or video recordings of the cosmology conference. From the slides, Kolb's talk looks like it was quite interesting.

I am excited to see that both the Cosmo08 and Emergent Gravity conferences are happening this week. These conferences provide a valuable opportunity for researchers and experts in these fields to come together and share their latest findings and ideas. I am particularly interested in the Emergent Gravity conference, as it focuses on a relatively new and exciting area of research.

Regarding the question of a live feed, I did some research and found that unfortunately, it does not appear that either conference will have a live feed available. However, both conferences have provided detailed schedules and abstracts of talks on their websites, which can be a great resource for those unable to attend in person. I would encourage anyone interested in these topics to check out the conference websites for more information. Overall, I believe these conferences will be a great opportunity for collaboration and advancement in the field of cosmology and emergent gravity.

Related to Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences Aug 25-29

1. What is the purpose of the Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences?

The purpose of these conferences is to bring together scientists from various fields to discuss and share their research on cosmology and emergent gravity. These conferences aim to promote collaboration and exchange of ideas among experts in these areas.

2. Who can attend the Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences?

The conferences are open to all scientists, researchers, and students who are interested in the topics of cosmology and emergent gravity. However, registration is required to attend the conferences.

3. What topics will be covered at the Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences?

The conferences will cover a wide range of topics related to cosmology and emergent gravity, including dark matter and dark energy, black holes, quantum gravity, and the origins of the universe. There will also be discussions on recent developments and advancements in these fields.

4. Will there be any keynote speakers at the Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences?

Yes, there will be keynote speakers who are experts in the fields of cosmology and emergent gravity. These speakers will give presentations on their research and share their insights on the current state of these fields.

5. How can I submit my research for presentation at the Cosmo08 & Emergent Gravity Conferences?

If you would like to present your research at the conferences, you can submit an abstract through the conference website. The abstracts will be reviewed by the organizing committee, and if accepted, you will be given the opportunity to present your research at the conferences.