Cosmopolitan Ethicist and Philosopher looking to gain insight

• Thread starter MSC93
  • Start date
In summary, a Cosmopolitan Ethicist and Philosopher seeks to gain a deeper understanding of the world and its inhabitants through the lens of ethical and philosophical principles. This individual aims to promote a universal moral code that is applicable to all cultures and societies, promoting empathy, compassion, and critical thinking in the pursuit of a better world. By examining complex issues and offering ethical solutions, the Cosmopolitan Ethicist and Philosopher hopes to inspire positive change and foster a more inclusive and harmonious global community.
MSC93
How did you find PF?
Enjoying it so far! I don't understand everything I am reading, which means there is lots to learn! I found this space on a google search under the keywords "Physics forum"
Hello all, welcome message prompted me to introduce myself.

I am from Scotland, I'm 27. Soon to be a new father (literally 1 month to go). I live in the USA. My AOE is Ethics and Philosophy. I don't tend to fit in amongst online forums dedicated to philosophy. As I cared more for the hard sciences growing up and didn't decide on getting into philosophy and ethics until my early twenties. Which means I often butt heads with metaphysics due to a massive divide in beliefs about the philosophy of language. I have a more polemic and scientific approach and I don't like to completely blur the lines like some philosophers seem to do.

My hobbies include juggling, fire performance arts, art in the broad sense, video games, reading and building things with my step-son. Recently just built an RC Trike. He wants to be an engineer when he grows up.

Very pleased to network with people here! Look forward to reading what great minds there are here.

Likes berkeman, russ_watters, hutchphd and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes MSC93