Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey premiere's Sunday, March 9

In summary, "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" is a science documentary series that follows in the footsteps of the original series hosted by Carl Sagan in the 1980s. The new series is hosted by Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, who brings deep knowledge and an affable onscreen personality to the show. The series explores the mysteries and wonders of the universe, making it a must-watch for anyone interested in space and science.
MarkFL
Gold Member
MHB
I'm sure many of you remember the original series hosted by Carl Sagan that aired on PBS during the 1980s, and how well it was done. I'm really looking forward to this new version:

Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have come to respect Dr. Tyson for his deep knowledge and affable onscreen personality, and I think they couldn't have picked a more worthy successor to fill Dr. Sagan's capacious shoes. (Yes)

Physics news on Phys.org
MarkFL said:
I'm sure many of you remember the original series hosted by Carl Sagan that aired on PBS during the 1980s, and how well it was done. I'm really looking forward to this new version:

Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have come to respect Dr. Tyson for his deep knowledge and affable onscreen personality, and I think they couldn't have picked a more worthy successor to fill Dr. Sagan's capacious shoes. (Yes)

Hey MarkFL,

I am so unfamiliar with this tv series...what is it all about? Is it like any of those documentaries series like what we see in National Geographic channel, where its documentaries revolve around the factual content about nature, science, history, etc while this one is all about the space?

anemone said:
Hey MarkFL,

I am so unfamiliar with this tv series...what is it all about? Is it like any of those documentaries series like what we see in National Geographic channel, where its documentaries revolve around the factual content about nature, science, history, etc while this one is all about the space?

The cosmos : the universe especially when it is understood as an ordered system. :D

Here's the official trailer video for the series:

[youtube]kBTd9--9VMI[/youtube]

MarkFL said:
The cosmos : the universe especially when it is understood as an ordered system. :D

Here's the official trailer video for the series:

[youtube]kBTd9--9VMI[/youtube]

Looks like a very interesting tv series indeed! Thanks for your explanation and the Youtube video, I appreciate it!:)

I am also eagerly anticipating the premiere of Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey. The original series hosted by Carl Sagan was a groundbreaking and influential exploration of the universe, and I have no doubt that this new version will continue to inspire and educate audiences in the same way. I am particularly excited to see how Dr. Tyson will bring his own unique perspective and expertise to the show. I have no doubt that he will do justice to the legacy of Dr. Sagan and continue to ignite curiosity and wonder in viewers about the vastness and complexity of our universe.

1. What is "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey"?

"Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" is a science documentary television series that explores various aspects of the universe and our place within it. It is a follow-up to the original "Cosmos" series, hosted by renowned astrophysicist Carl Sagan.

2. When will the premiere of "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" air?

The premiere of "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" will air on Sunday, March 9, at 9/8c on the National Geographic channel.

3. Who is the host of "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey"?

The host of "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" is astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. He is also the director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History.

4. Is "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" is suitable for all ages. It is a family-friendly show that aims to educate and inspire audiences of all ages about the wonders of the universe.

5. What can viewers expect from the premiere of "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey"?

The premiere of "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" will cover topics such as the origins of the universe, the Big Bang theory, and the possibility of alien life. It will also feature stunning visuals and animations to help explain complex scientific concepts.