Could you advice a useful internet source in statistics?

In summary, there are many useful internet sources for statistics including websites such as Statista, World Bank Data, and Gapminder. These sources offer a wide range of statistical data, charts, and graphs that can be used for research, analysis, and decision-making. Additionally, online forums and communities such as Reddit's r/statistics and Quora's Statistics topic can provide valuable insights and advice from experts in the field. Overall, utilizing these internet sources can greatly enhance one's understanding and use of statistics.
PinkZeppelin
Greetings

I became interested in technical sciences only last year (I'm a historian) and started studying on my own. Just finished Multivariable Calculus and Linear algebra with Paul's online math notes. (for those who may know about this page yet: http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/) Now I'm really eager to study statistics at advanced level. Unfortunately, there are too many sources on web. They are all extremely different from each other and focus on teaching peculiar statistical concept. So I decided PF was a nice place to ask for the advice. Can anyone advice me a useful internet source (or book) in statistics that teaches "right things" in appropriate sequel?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Your sources are absolutely amazing. Thank you!

Related to Could you advice a useful internet source in statistics?

1. What are the most reliable internet sources for statistics?

There are several reputable sources for statistics, such as government websites (such as the World Bank or US Census Bureau), academic research databases (such as JSTOR or Google Scholar), and professional organizations (such as the American Statistical Association). It is important to critically evaluate the source and ensure that the data is from a reputable and unbiased organization.

2. Are there any free internet sources for statistics?

Yes, there are many free internet sources for statistics. Some examples include data repositories like Data.gov or Statista, as well as open access journals and articles available through Google Scholar. However, it is important to carefully evaluate the credibility of these sources and check for any potential biases.

3. How can I find specific statistics on a particular topic?

There are a few strategies you can use to find statistics on a specific topic. First, you can try searching for keywords related to your topic on a search engine like Google or Bing. You can also explore databases and repositories that specialize in a particular topic, such as health statistics on the World Health Organization website or crime statistics on the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting website.

4. Can I trust statistics from websites or blogs?

It is important to critically evaluate the source of statistics, regardless of whether it is from a website or blog. While some may provide accurate and reliable information, others may be biased or use misleading data. It is always best to check the credibility and reputation of the source and cross-check the information with other reputable sources.

5. How can I ensure the accuracy of statistics from internet sources?

To ensure the accuracy of statistics from internet sources, it is important to evaluate the source's credibility, check for any biases, and compare the data to other sources. Additionally, you can also look for information on the methodology used to collect the data and any potential limitations. Consulting with a statistician or subject matter expert can also help verify the accuracy of the statistics.