Design an opamp circuit with this transfer function on 3 voltage inputs

In summary, the conversation discusses building a circuit for a given operation on three voltages. The circuit uses a voltage summer and integrator to calculate the capacitance and resistance needed. The negative capacitance is caused by the signal being inverted by the op-amp based Miller integrator. It is also mentioned that the conversation is related to a homework assignment.
DaniilMP3
TL;DR Summary: Build a circuit of given operation on voltages

I'll appreciate any help.
I need to create circuit of this operation on three voltages:
CodeCogsEqn (1).png

We'll use circuit of voltages summer:
Screenshot_2.png

The third term is the integral of U_3, so we'll use integrator:
Screenshot_3.png

Than, calculate capacitance:
CodeCogsEqn (4).png

And on this step we have negative capacitance. Is it possible? Or I did something wrong?
Next, we calculate R_1, R_2.
Screenshot_4.png

And here we have -44 kilo Ohm for R_2.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Is this homework?

The negative sign comes from the simple op-amp based Miller integrator inverts the signal. If you want to cancel the negative sign, you will need to invert the signal in that branch, before or after the integration.

Hi, yes. This is homework. Thank you for your response.

Last edited:
DaniilMP3 said:
Hi, yes. This is homework.
(Thread moved to the schoolwork forums)

1. How do I choose the appropriate opamp for my desired transfer function?

Choosing the right opamp for your circuit depends on several factors such as the required gain, bandwidth, and input/output impedance. It is important to carefully consider these specifications and select an opamp that meets your circuit's requirements.

2. What are the key components needed to design an opamp circuit with a specific transfer function?

To design an opamp circuit with a specific transfer function, you will need resistors, capacitors, and the opamp itself. The resistors and capacitors will be used to create the desired feedback network, while the opamp will amplify the input signal.

3. How do I determine the values of the resistors and capacitors in the feedback network?

The values of the resistors and capacitors in the feedback network can be determined using the desired transfer function and the opamp's specifications. You can use circuit analysis techniques such as the non-inverting or inverting amplifier equations to solve for the component values.

4. Can I use any voltage inputs for my opamp circuit?

Yes, you can use any voltage inputs for your opamp circuit as long as they fall within the opamp's input voltage range. It is important to ensure that the input voltages do not exceed the opamp's supply voltage, as this can cause distortion or damage to the opamp.

5. Are there any limitations to designing an opamp circuit with a specific transfer function?

There may be limitations to designing an opamp circuit with a specific transfer function, depending on the opamp's capabilities and the complexity of the desired transfer function. It is important to carefully consider the opamp's specifications and the feasibility of the desired transfer function before designing the circuit.