Did anyone have a good day today?

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary, today seems to have been a pretty bad day for a lot of people. Humanino wins the prize for the worst day with the smashing of his PhD project. Evo, franz and motai are sick with the flu or flu-like something. I got word that a manuscript was rejected (compared to everyone else's day, it doesn't seem so bad...it happens and isn't the end of the world). dduardo's favorite radio station was kicked off the air. Another friend I talked to at about 11:15 was still scrambling to meet a midnight deadline that just got dropped on him yesterday, and hadn't even stopped for dinner. I know of at least one other person who had
My feet are stinking something awful today.

Physics news on Phys.org
Integral said:
I spent the day fixing the son's pickup window (see above) He had some form of Red Cross training from 8-5 today, and of course it finally started to rain. We needed to get the window installed. I went to the local junk yard and rescued a window, then found where his pickup was parked. Kind'a did a reverse break in and installed the new (to us) glass. He doesn't know it is fixed, should be finding out RSN. :biggrin: I hope it improves his day!

Wow! I wish I had parents who did stuff like that for me. My step-dad did do me the favor once of telling me which junkyard I could trust not to rip me off, but I was still on my own to go get what I needed (a young woman in her early 20's can get a lot of attention at a junkyard, unfortunately, none of it from the person working there; this wasn't one where they let you go get parts off the cars yourself due to insurance liability, so you had to wait for someone working there to get what you need for you).

Pretty amazing you were able to find a window in a junkyard. Usually those are pretty tough to come by since they're usually cracked in whatever accident sent the vehicle to the junkyard. Finding a window without having to buy a brand new one ought to be cause for celebration too!

I had a good day today. Won 123 dollars this afternoon playing poker online for two hours and won 60 last night at my weekly home game. And it's reading break this week to boot. Life is good!

Had a decent day. Went to Boston Market after a long, tiring day at work, treated my dad which I usually do and had some dark chicken with corn and mashed potato with gravy.

Then had some chicken pot pie, chicken corn salad and half a dozen cornbread to take home.

No more fever. No more stomach flu's. Life is good :biggrin:

I ate a ton of choclate, lots of duck (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) and had a few shots with the family. Yeah, I had a great day. :)

Played another hour of poker tonight and won another 70 bucks.

So in the last 24 hours I've made $C300 playing poker for about six hours. 50 bucks an hour, not bad.

:biggrin:

loseyourname said:
That's funny. I generally start every day with a well-balanced breakfast, vitamin supplements, and a protein shake. Today it was toast, oatmeal with liquefied bananas and cinnamon, and an orange.
Ever tried Luna Bars? Most protein bars make me gag, but these are delicious. Most grocery stores carry them. If not, GNC does, and you can buy them at several places online. Oh, and the best water ever- smartwater.

Manchester Utd 2-Manchester City 0

woohooo!

Evo said:
The perfect start to a perfect day? A big mess of grits, over easy eggs and sausage, smothered with Louisianna hot sauce. :-p Washed down with a half gallon of strong coffee. Now that's a healthy way to start your day! :smile:

Hmmm, my favorite breakfast.

I did not go to work today,called "sick".Nothing is better than sleeping late,surfing web,drinking coffe and having few smokes. :approve:

i found out today that i have bronchitis!

whooooooo hoooooo!

relskid said:
i found out today that i have bronchitis!

whooooooo hoooooo!

Sorry to hear that! :frown: Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

I had a very bad day

What is the matter Franz ? don't worry weekend is coming .

spender said:
What is the matter Franz ? don't worry weekend is coming .

Actually i was just makin posts to try and bury the thread killers thread way down the first page so that i would win.

Although it still hasn't been a good day, but I'm used to it, very few days are.

Days are as good as you make then yourself :rolleyes:

unless you loose a dear one, ofcourse.

True. Just last Friday seemed to be an especially bad day all around. But, making it better is what this thread is all about. I had to find the bright side, even if it was just being glad for uneventful days. :smile: