Did Columbus and the Wright Brothers believe in historic misconceptions?

• Thread starter SGT
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various historical examples of theories or beliefs that were initially met with skepticism or disbelief before eventually being accepted as truth. These examples include the belief in a round Earth, the possibility of flight, and the cause of the Great Fire of Rome. The conversation also touches on the idea that it takes time for truth to be accepted and that there will always be skeptics and those who oppose new ideas.
Just cause the Vikings did some exploration of their own isn't as great as Columbus, because his discovery changed the world. Lief's didn't... although he deserves credit for what he did, it still isn't as important as Columbus'. Oh and I see the whole "You are wrong" thing again... typical finger pointing...but whenever you point your finger at someone, you have 3 fingers pointing back at you. Oh yeah, abovetopsecret.com, yeah like I really care about websites that make claims and then show no documentation or concrete evidence to back them up. Give me a break. If I wanted to read something that can't support their claims and is based on lies, unproven accusations, and half-truths, I'd go read the entire 9-11 Commission Report.

Physics news on Phys.org
BTW...what do you mean by the next report is due in October and who is issuing and funding the report?