Difference Between 'Raw Data' and 'Diff Raw Data'

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between 'raw data' and 'diff raw data'. The first graph shows the raw data with no transformations, while the second graph shows the same data as 'diff raw data'. The same concept applies for another graph with log of points, where the second graph is labeled as 'diff log data'. There is confusion about how the second graphs are obtained, but the conversation ends with the clarification that the speaker figured it out.
Xavy
Difference Between 'Raw Data' and 'Difference Raw Data'

I have a whole bunch of information and it's plotted on a graph.

The first graph is the raw data plotted, no transformations done to the data, it is raw.
The second graph is the same data but it says 'Diff Raw Data'
The second graph looks similar but you can tell it's different

The same applies for another graph of the data, but it's the log of the points, this graph is just the log of the points, no alterations
The second graph is the 'Diff Log Data'
again, the second graph looks simliar but you can tell it's different

Does anyone know how what 'Diff Data' means and how they get it from the first graph? The explanation doesn't refer to how they got the second graphs of Diff Data and I am just confused and have understanding of this.

Thank You

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you are being to vague. You never mention what you are even using to graph with.

I figured it out. yea, I was being to vague. Thanks.

Related to Difference Between 'Raw Data' and 'Diff Raw Data'

What is the difference between "Raw Data" and "Diff Raw Data"?

The main difference between "Raw Data" and "Diff Raw Data" is that raw data refers to the original, unprocessed data that is collected or generated, while diff raw data refers to the difference or changes between two sets of raw data.

Why is it important to differentiate between raw data and diff raw data?

It is important to differentiate between raw data and diff raw data because they serve different purposes. Raw data is used for analysis and to draw conclusions, while diff raw data is used to track changes and identify patterns over time.

How can raw data and diff raw data be collected?

Raw data can be collected through various methods such as surveys, experiments, observations, or from existing databases. Diff raw data can be collected by comparing two sets of raw data at different points in time.

What are some examples of raw data and diff raw data?

Examples of raw data include survey responses, sensor readings, and financial transactions. Examples of diff raw data include changes in stock prices, changes in weather patterns, and changes in customer behavior over time.

How can raw data and diff raw data be used in research?

Raw data can be used to analyze trends, make predictions, and support research findings. Diff raw data can be used to identify patterns, track changes, and make comparisons between different sets of data.