DISLIN Installation Process for Ubuntu Linux

In summary, the individual is encountering an error while trying to install the DEB distribution of DISLIN for use with Fortran90 on Ubuntu. They have successfully installed the RPM distribution, but are unable to install the DEB version due to dpkg being unable to find the package. They are seeking help and suggest joining the DISLIN discussion group for assistance.
SalfordPhysics
I am currently trying to install DISLIN for use with Fortran90 on Ubuntu, following the steps from DISLIN; - ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/grafik/dislin/linux/i586_64/README.I586_64

RPM Distribution Installation was successful.
This is not the case however for DEB Distribution of DISLIN.

INPUT: sudo dpkg -i dislin-10.4.linux.i586_64.deb

OUTPUT: dpkg: error processing archive dislin-10.4.linux.i586_64.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
dislin-10.4.linux.9586_64.deb

Don't know what my issue is and can;t seem to find much elsewhere, so any help I am sure would benefit more than just myself.
Many thanks to all

Technology news on Phys.org
Wouldn't it be better to join the DISLIN discussion group and ask for help there?

Code:
> sudo dpkg -i dislin-10.4.linux.i586_64.deb

dpkg: error processing archive dislin-10.4.linux.i586_64.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
dislin-10.4.linux.9586_64.deb
... dpkg could not find the package you want to install.
either put the deb in dpkg's default install path or provide the path to the deb in the commandline

why are you installing both rpm and deb versions?

1. What is DISLIN and why is it used?

DISLIN is a software library used for data visualization and scientific plotting. It provides a wide range of functions and features for creating high-quality graphs, charts, and diagrams. It is commonly used by scientists, engineers, and researchers for data analysis and presentation.

2. How do I install DISLIN on Ubuntu Linux?

The installation process for DISLIN on Ubuntu Linux is fairly straightforward. First, download the DISLIN package from the official website. Then, extract the files and navigate to the extracted folder in the terminal. Run the installation script using the command "sh install.sh" and follow the prompts to complete the installation. Detailed instructions can be found in the DISLIN documentation.

3. Is DISLIN compatible with all versions of Ubuntu Linux?

Yes, DISLIN is compatible with all versions of Ubuntu Linux. However, it is recommended to use the latest version to ensure compatibility with other software and to take advantage of any updates and improvements.

4. Can DISLIN be used with other programming languages?

Yes, DISLIN can be used with various programming languages such as C, Fortran, Java, Python, and more. It provides language-specific libraries and interfaces to make it easier to integrate with different programming environments.

5. Are there any alternatives to DISLIN for data visualization on Ubuntu Linux?

Yes, there are other data visualization tools available for Ubuntu Linux such as Gnuplot, Matplotlib, and Plotly. Each tool has its own features and strengths, so it is recommended to explore and compare different options to find the best fit for your needs.