Do Aliens Exist? Proving Life Beyond Earth

• Thread starter Vast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aliens
In summary, some people are convinced that there is life in space, and lack of evidence doesn't mean we're alone. Others believe that proof of aliens is not necessary, and that based on the math, many ETs must exist. However, there are still many questions that need to be answered before a conclusion can be made.
Then again too, that a god may have created humans with more capabilities of intelligence than were given the other created beings out there in the universe? Maybe that is why ET would be so interested in humans? They may be far in advance of us with their technologies, but that does NOT make them more intelligent.

Physics news on Phys.org
Technology I think has a lot to do with knowledge, and the removal of incoherent concepts.
New discoveries challenge incorrect belief systems and eventually get accepted, so our understanding of the Universe is a clearer one. I wasn’t implying that we’re an unintelligent species, but that our knowledge is incomplete and always evolving.

That said, for a civilization wanting to know if life exists elsewhere, it needs to develop the means to find it. Without a doubt some are convinced life is abundant, and in the scenario that ET/s finds us first, (which I think is highly probable) what is the method of interaction? For one it could be observation.

Quote:On the other hand ET could quite possibly be here already, and as before in the case that our species simply isn’t evolved enough to have any intellectual capabilities, there is no need to make contact. Perhaps we are on the edge of finding life in the Universe and ET just happens to be here simultaneously making its presence known in incremental steps.

hmm...that's a good one

if this theory is right then it will be true for those who said they saw UFO's in the sky! NV would we have expected that for all the time that we had spent to research other planets for these extra terrestrials, they r juz neighbours who lived on the same planet as us!

these would make more sense as to why we see UFO's flying around our area, like they would also see planes flying around pass their area too!

Originally posted by Norval
Physicists said the same thing about the sound barrier. It can't be broken.
Grrrr. Just be glad the others answered this one already. This is one of my biggest pet peve misconceptions that people have about science. To reiterate simply: its wrong.

ET?
According to Carl Sagan, there are no less than 400 habitable Earth like possibilities in the cosmos as he believed it to be. You are more than welcome to argue this with Dr. Sagan if you wish but I'd rather not go visit him quite yet.
Isn't it completely possible that ET could be living among us at this very time in another, as yet to be discovered, dimension?
We normally see reflected light, what if ET does not reflect light that we are capable of seeing either with the naked eye or with instruments that we now have?
When I visited the UFO museum in Roswell the curator told me of a man who visited the museum that did not believe in ET because no one had ever seen ET. To this the curator ask the man if he believed in God, "yes" was his answer. The curator went on to ask, "have you ever seen God?" End of discussion.

At one point I was an alien.. but I guess that doesn't count :wink:

RG500 said:
ET?
According to Carl Sagan, there are no less than 400 habitable Earth like possibilities in the cosmos as he believed it to be. You are more than welcome to argue this with Dr. Sagan if you wish but I'd rather not go visit him quite yet.
Isn't it completely possible that ET could be living among us at this very time in another, as yet to be discovered, dimension?
We normally see reflected light, what if ET does not reflect light that we are capable of seeing either with the naked eye or with instruments that we now have?
When I visited the UFO museum in Roswell the curator told me of a man who visited the museum that did not believe in ET because no one had ever seen ET. To this the curator ask the man if he believed in God, "yes" was his answer. The curator went on to ask, "have you ever seen God?" End of discussion.

Personally, and based on the evidence - the fact that we are here and since the universe is so big, with billions and billions of possibilities for life elsewhere - I think the universe is almost certainly full of life; and probably with many forms of intelligent life in some sense. I'm not as confident that there are many creatures a lot like us.

As for other dimensions and the like, yes, some scientists like Michio Kaku believe that another universe may exist "just a millimeter above ours" [whatever that means]. However, this is not to say that invisible aliens from that universe walk among us. Simply put, we have no reason to believe what you suggest - there is no recognized evidence to support the idea. I could just as well claim that gravity is really due to undetectable, invisible tricksters from the netherworld. We can't prove that it's not true, but there is surely no reason to believe it.

Last edited:
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus