Do I have to take Human Biology in O levels?

In summary, the student is planning on taking O levels in two sittings in May 2017 and January 2018. They aim to become a heart surgeon but are unsure if they should take Human biology or not. They are worried about only having 6 months of private coaching and if they will be able to achieve good marks. The advice given is to not avoid challenging courses and instead focus on studying effectively and learning successful test strategies in order to achieve their career goals.
Nabila
I will be giving O levels in two sitting for may'17 and jan'18 . I aim to be a heart surgeon. I plan on taking Biology but I am confused if I should take Human biology or not. If I take , I will only be left with 6months of private coaching , I am also scared if I'll be able to bring good marks. So please suggest If I shud take it or not.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nabila said:
I aim to be a heart surgeon.

I am confused if I should take Human biology or not.

Just an observation of mine, but among the people I know who've successfully gotten into medical school and gone on to become successful doctors, I don't think there would have been any question about doing something like this. If such a course were offered, there would have been very little one could do to keep them out.

I am also scared if I'll be able to bring good marks.
Avoiding something because you may not do well in it is not going to lead you a career as a successful surgeon. The trick then is to figure out how to get the marks you want. Read ahead. Manage your time effectively. Study hard. Learn how you learn. Learn successful test strategies.

You will be better off studying for human biology and forgoing the general biology portion if you are concerned about marks.

Related to Do I have to take Human Biology in O levels?

1. Do I need to take Human Biology in O levels?

Yes, Human Biology is a required subject in the O levels curriculum.

2. Are there any prerequisites for taking Human Biology?

No, there are no specific prerequisites for taking Human Biology. However, having a basic understanding of biology concepts will be helpful.

3. What will I learn in Human Biology?

In Human Biology, you will learn about the structure and functions of the human body, including the different systems such as the digestive, respiratory, and nervous systems. You will also learn about genetics, evolution, and ecology.

4. Is Human Biology a difficult subject?

This can vary from person to person, but overall, Human Biology can be considered a challenging subject due to the amount of information and concepts that need to be understood.

5. What career options are available after studying Human Biology in O levels?

Studying Human Biology can open up a variety of career options in the fields of medicine, healthcare, research, and environmental science. It can also provide a strong foundation for further studies in biology or related fields.